مطالب کوتاه و خواندنی

p.mirghafouri

عضو جدید
alright vs all right

alright vs all right

Today’s topic concerns three sets of words that are easy to confuse: “all together” (two words) and “altogether” (one word), “all ready” (two words) and “already” (one word), and “all right” (two words) and “alright” (one word). As we’ll see shortly, one of these six words isn't even a real word.

“All Together” and “Altogether”

Let’s tackle the easy stuff first: words that really are words. Our first pair of real words is “all together” (two words) and “altogether” (one word). The two-word phrase “all together” simply means “collectively”; everyone is doing something all at once or all in one place (1), as in “We sang the national anthem all together.” If you like, you can break up this two-word saying (2), as in “We all sang the national anthem together.”

“Altogether,” spelled as one word, means “entirely,” as in “We are altogether too tired.” You certainly can’t do the separation trick here. “We all are too tired together” sounds altogether silly.

“All Ready” and “Already”

Our second pair of sometimes-confused words is “all ready” (two words) and “already” (one word). “All ready” as two words means “prepared” (3), as in “The cookies are all ready to be eaten.” Again, you can separate the two words and the sentence still makes sense: “All the cookies are ready to be eaten.”

While “all ready” as two words connotes preparedness, “already” as one word is concerned with time; it means “previously,” as in “I can’t believe you ate the cookies already.” As with “altogether” as one word, you can’t do the separation trick. You can’t say, “I can’t believe you ate all the cookies ready.” That doesn’t make sense.

“All Right” and “Alright”

We’ve now come to the third pair of words. At the top of the show I told you that one of the words isn’t a real word. Is it “all right” as two words or “alright” as one word? Well, as grammarian Bill Walsh puts it in his book Lapsing Into a Comma, “We word nerds have known since second grade that alright is not all right” (4). He was talking about “alright” as one word. It's not OK.

Another style guide (5) agrees, saying that “alright” (one word) is a misspelling of “all right” (two words), which means “adequate,” “permissible,” or “satisfactory.” So you might hear the two-word phrase in sentences such as these: “His singing was just all right” or “Is it all right if I wait outside?”

It seems pretty simple: go ahead and use “all right” as two words, and stay away from “alright” as one word. But the esteemed Brian Garner (6) notes that “alright” as one word “may be gaining a shadowy acceptance in British English.” And the American Heritage Guide to Contemporary Usage and Style (7) seems to contradict itself. It states that “alright” as one word “has never been accepted as standard” but it then goes on to explain that “all right” as two words and “alright” as one word have two distinct meanings. It gives the example of the sentence “The figures are all right.” When you use “all right” as two words, the sentence means “the figures are all accurate.” When you write “The figures are alright,” with “alright” as one word, this source explains that the sentence means “the figures are satisfactory.” I’m not sure what to make of this contradiction. The many other grammar sources I checked, including a large dictionary, reject “alright” as one word. Regular listeners of this show know that language is always in flux, so perhaps “alright” as one word is gaining a small footing

https://sites.google.com/site/pmirghafouri/english/common-mistakes-in-english/all-right-vs-alright

s_talone

کاربر فعال تالار زبان انگلیسی ,
کاربر ممتاز
دانستنی ها به زبان فارسی و انگلیسی

دانستنی ها به زبان فارسی و انگلیسی

The muscles in your heart have the strength to shoot your blood 10 meters in the air?
آیا میدانستید که: ماهیچه های قلب انسان قادرند خون را به ارتفاع ۱۰ متر به هوا پرتاب کنند؟
Multiplying 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
آیا می‌دانستید که: ۱۱۱،۱۱۱،۱۱۱ × ۱۱۱،۱۱۱،۱۱۱ = ۱۲،۳۴۵،۶۷۸،۹۸۷،۶۵۴،۳۲۱
Elephants are the only animals that cannot jump
آیا میدانستید که: فیلها تنها موجوداتی هستند که نمیتوانند بپرند؟
The body’s strongest muscle is our tongue
آیا میدانستید که: قویترین ماهیچه بدن، ماهیچه زبان است؟

ni_rosa_ce

کاربر حرفه ای
کاربر ممتاز
جملات زیبای انگلیسی در مورد عشق با ترجمه فارسی

جملات زیبای انگلیسی در مورد عشق با ترجمه فارسی

عشق اقيانوس وسيعي است که دو ساحل رابه يکديگر پيوند ميدهد

love is wide ocean that joins two shores

زندگي بدون عشق بي معني است و خوبي بدون عشق غير ممکن

life whithout love is none sense and goodness without love is impossible

عشق ساکت است اما اگر حرف بزند از هر صدايي بلند تر خواهد بود

love is something silent , but it can be louder than anything when it talks

عشق آن است که همه خواسته ها را براي او آرزو کني

love is when you find yourself spending every wish on him

عشق گلي است که دو باغبان آن را مي پرورانند

love is flower that is made to bloom by two gardeners

عشق گلي است که در زمين اعتماد مي رويد

love is like a flower which blossoms whit trust

عشق يعني ترس از دست دادن تو

love is afraid of losing you

پاسخ عشق است سوال هر چه که باشد

no matter what the question is love is the answer

وقتي هيچ چيز جز عشق نداشته باشيد آن وقت خواهيد فهميد که عشق براي همه چيز کافيست

when you have nothing left but love than for the first time you become aware that love is enough

زماني که همه چيز افتاده است عشق آن چيزي است که بر پا مي ماند

love is the one thing that still stands when all else has fallen

عشق مثل هوايي است که استشمام مي کنيم آن را نمي بينيم اما هميشه احساس و مصرفش مي کنيم و بدون ان خواهيم مرد

love is like the air we breathe it may not always be seen, but it is always felt and used and we will die without it

mohandesehsan

عضو جدید
*متن قشنگ*

*متن قشنگ*

*متن قشنگ*
[FONT=&quot]People are often unreasonable,
illogical and self-centered;
Forgive them anyway.

[FONT=&quot]If you are kind,
People may accuse you ,
of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be Kind anyway.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If you are successful,
you will win some false friends and
some true enemies;
Succeed anyway, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]What you spend years building,
someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If you find serenity and happiness,
they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The good you do today,
people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Give the world the best you have,
and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.[/FONT]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]You see, in the final analysis.
it is between you and God;
It is never between you and them anyway.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]مردم اغلب غیر منطقی و خود محور هستند، با این حال آنها را ببخشید.

[FONT=&quot]اگر مهربان باشید، ممکن است بگویند که تظاهر می کنید و انگیزه های پنهان دارید، با این حال مهربان باشید.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]اگر موفق باشید، دوستان کاذبی دورتان جمع می شوند، همچنین دشمنانی صادق، با این حال موفق باقی بمانید.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]اگر صادق باشید، اشخاصی ممکن است سرتان کلاه بگذارند، با این حال صادق باقی بمانید.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]آنچه را طی سال ها ایجاد کرده اید، ممکن است کسانی یک شبه نابود کنند، با این حال همچنان سازنده باشید.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]اگر خوشبخت شوید ممکن است کسانی به شما حسادت کنند، اما با این حال خوشبخت باقی بمانید.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]کار خوب امروز شما را ممکن است مردم فردا فراموش کنند، با این حال به کار خوب خود ادامه دهید.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]به دنیا خدمت کنید، هر چند ممکن است کافی نباشد، با این حال با تمام وجود به خدمت کردن ادامه دهید.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]می بینید که در نهایت آنچه هست، میان شما و خداوند است؛ هرگز میان شما و اشخاص نیست.[/FONT]

[/FONT]

منبع:http://njavan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87546

mina.polymer.88

عضو جدید
Did you know?

Did you know?

DID YOU KNOW?
The English with the most meanings is the
Simple 3-letter word “SET”. It has 58 meanings
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/METALO%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif as a noun. 126 meanings as a verb and 10
meanings as a participial adjective.
s

No word in the English language rhymes
With month.

Only 4 word in the English language end in
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/METALO%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.giffile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/METALO%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image003.gif “dous” . tremendous, horrendous, stupendous
and hazardous.
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/METALO%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image004.gif
“I am.” Is the shortest
complete sentence
in the English language.
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/METALO%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image005.gif Ernest Vincent
Wright’S 1939 novel
Gadsby has 50110
words , none of which
contain the letter “E”.

The word “School” comes
from a Greek word meaning
“ Leisure”.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

The sentence “ the quick brown fox
Jumps over the lazy dog” uses every
Letter in the English language.

The word “ mile “ comes from the
Roman word “[FONT=&quot]milia[/FONT][FONT=&quot]” which was a [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thousands paces covered by a [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Roman legionnaire.[/FONT]

ZEUS83

عضو جدید
کاربر ممتاز
Do U know about 7 secrets of Life?

I found the answers in my room.

Roof said: Aim high

Fan said: Be cool

Clock said: Every min. is precious

Mirror said: Reflect before you act

Window said: See the world

Calender said: Be up-to-date

Door said: Push hard to achieve ur goals.

ZEUS83

عضو جدید
کاربر ممتاز
The A to Z of Motivation

Avoid Negative Thoughts, People, Things and Habits.
Believe in yourself.
Consider things from every angle and others points of view.
Dare to Dream and Dream Big
Energy, Excitement and Enthusiasm is in your blood.
Family and Friends are hidden treasures; enjoy these riches.
Give more than you planned to.
Have a good sense of humor.
Ignore Criticism, Ridicule and Discouragement from others.
Jump on Problems because they are Opportunities in disguise.
Keep up the good work however hard it may seem.
Love yourself, just as you are.
Make Impossibility a Possibility.
Never lie, cheat or steal, always strike a fair deal...
Open your eyes and see things as they really are.
Prefect Practice makes you perfect.
Quitters never Win and Winners never Quit.
Reward yourself for every small success and achievement.
Stop Wasting your Time and Procrastinating important Goals.
Take control of your Life and your Goals.
Understand so that you could Understood.
Visualize your Goals and Dreams everyday.
Win over your own weaknesses and make them as your Strengths.
Xccelerate your efforts
Yes Yes Yes, Yes you Can and You Will
Zap your Stress and Enjoy your Life..

ZEUS83

عضو جدید
کاربر ممتاز
The Kind Lawyer
One afternoon a wealthy lawyer was riding in his Limousine car when he saw two men along roadside eating grass.
Disturbed, he ordered his driver to stop and he got out to investigate. He asked one man "Why are you eating grass?"
"We don't have any money for food," the poor man replied. "We have to eat grass." "Well, then, you can come with me to my house and I'll feed you",the lawyer said.
"But sir, I have a wife and two children with me.
They are over there, under that tree". "Bring them along," the lawyer replied. Turning to the other poor man he stated, "You come with us also."
The second man, in a pitiful voice then said, "But sir, I also have a wife and SIX children with me!" "Bring them all, as well," the lawyer answered. They all entered the car, which was no easy task, even for a car as large as the Limousine was. Once underway, one of the poor fellows turned to the lawyer and said, "Sir, you are too kind. Thank you for taking all of us with you."
The lawyer replied, "Glad to do it. You'll really love my place; the grass is almost 1 metre high!"

BAW705

عضو جدید
کاربر ممتاز
The Kind Lawyer
One afternoon a wealthy lawyer was riding in his Limousine car when he saw two men along roadside eating grass.
Disturbed, he ordered his driver to stop and he got out to investigate. He asked one man "Why are you eating grass?"
"We don't have any money for food," the poor man replied. "We have to eat grass." "Well, then, you can come with me to my house and I'll feed you",the lawyer said.
"But sir, I have a wife and two children with me.
They are over there, under that tree". "Bring them along," the lawyer replied. Turning to the other poor man he stated, "You come with us also."
The second man, in a pitiful voice then said, "But sir, I also have a wife and SIX children with me!" "Bring them all, as well," the lawyer answered. They all entered the car, which was no easy task, even for a car as large as the Limousine was. Once underway, one of the poor fellows turned to the lawyer and said, "Sir, you are too kind. Thank you for taking all of us with you."
The lawyer replied, "Glad to do it. You'll really love my place; the grass is almost 1 metre high!"

:biggrin: very nice thanks

ZEUS83

عضو جدید
کاربر ممتاز
The Loan قرض
Two friends, Sam and Mike, were riding on a bus. Suddenly the bus stopped and bandits got on. The bandits began robbing the passengers. They were taking the passengers’ jewelry and watches. They were taking all their money, too. Sam opened his wallet and took out twenty dollars. He gave the twenty dollars to Mike. “Why are you giving me this money?” Mike asked. “Last week I didn’t have any money, and you loaned me twenty dollars, remember?” sam said. “Yes, I remember,” Mike said. “I’m paying you back,” Sam said.
معنی فارسی
دو دوست به نام های سام و مایک در حال مسافرت در اتوبوس بودند. ناگهان اتوبوس توقف کرد و یک دسته راهزن وارد اتوبوس شدند. راهزنان شروع به غارت کردن مسافران کردند. آن ها شروع به گرفتن ساعت و اشیاء قیمتی مسافران کردند. ضمنا تمام پول های مسافران را نیز از آن ها می گرفتند. سام کیف پول خود را باز نمود و بیست دلار از آن بیرون آورد. او این بیست دلار را به مایک داد. مایک پرسید: «چرا این پول را به من می دهی؟» سام جواب داد: «یادت می آید هفته گذشته وقتی من پول نداشتم تو به من بیست دلار قرض دادی؟» مایک گفت: «بله، یادم هست.» سام گفت: «من دارم پولت را پس می دهم.»

babak 123

عضو جدید
کاربر ممتاز
[FONT=&quot]"A son and his father were walking on the mountains. Suddenly, his son falls, hurts himself and screams: "AAAhhhhhhhhhhh!!!" To his surprise, he hears the voice repeating, somewhere in the mountain: "AAAhhhhhhhhhhh!!!" Curious, he yells: "Who are you?" He receives the answer: "Who are you?" And then he screams to the mountain: "I admire you!" The voice answers: "I admire you!" Angered at the response, he screams: "Coward!" He receives the answer: "Coward!" He looks to his father and asks: "What's going on?" The father smiles and says: "My son, pay attention." Again the man screams: "You are a champion!" The voice answers: "You are a champion!" The boy is surprised, but does not understand. Then the father explains: "People call this ECHO, but really this is LIFE. It gives you back everything you say or do. Our life is simply a reflection of our actions. If you want more love in the world, create more love in your heart. If you want more competence in your team, improve your competence. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This relationship applies to everything, in all aspects of life; Life will give you back everything you have given to it." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]YOUR LIFE IS NOT A COINCIDENCE. IT'S A REFLECTION OF YOU!" [/FONT]

babak 123

عضو جدید
کاربر ممتاز
when there is will there is a way

This is a love story from a boy to a girl. However, the girl’s father does not like him and want them to stop their relationship and so the boy wrote this letter to the girl in a way he knows that the girl’s father will definitely read this letter.
1. The great love that I have for you
2. Is gone , and I find my dislike for you
3. Grows every day. when I see you,
4. I do not even like your face;
5. The one thing I want to do is to
6. Look at other girls. I never wanted to
7. Marry you. our last conversation
8. Was very boring and has not
9. Made me look forward to seeing you again.
10. You think only of yourself.
11. If we were married , I know that I would find
12. Life difficult , and I would have no
13. Pleasure in living with you. I have a heart
14. To give , but is not something that
15. I want to give to you .No one is more
16. Foolish and selfish than you , and you are not
17. Able to care for me and help me.
18. I sincerely want you to understand that
19. I speak the truth .you will do me a favor
20. If you think this is the end. Do not try
21. To answer this. your letters are full of
22. Things that do not interest me. You have no
23. True love for me. Good bye! believe me ,
24. I don not care for you. please do not think that
25. I am still your boy friend.”
So bad!!. However, before handing over the letter to girl, the boy told to the girl to “READ BETWEEN THE LINES “. Meaning only to read
1.3.5….( odd number lines). Go read it once again but the odd number lines.​

amirhm

عضو جدید
کاربر ممتاز
Thanking God & Touching Prayer for people of Japan

Thanking God & Touching Prayer for people of Japan

My God, I just want to say THANK YOU,

Because this morning I woke up and knew where my children were.

Because this morning my home was still standing,

Because this morning I am not crying

Because my spouse, my child, my brother or sister, my parent does not need to be buried

or to be pulled out from underneath a pile of concrete,

Because this morning I was able to drink a glass of water,
Because this morning I was able to turn on the light,

Because this morning I was able to take a shower,

Because this morning I was not planning a funeral,

But most of all I thank you this morning because

I still have life and a voice to cry out for the people of Japan .

Prayer

Lord I cry out to you, the One that

makes the impossible, possible,

The One that turns darkness in to light,

I cry out that You give those mothers strength,

That You give them peace that

surpasses all understanding.

That You may open the streets so

that help can come,

That You may provide doctors,

nurses, food, water, and all that they need in a blink of an eye.

For all those that have lost family members,

give them peace, give them hope,

give them courage to continue to go on!

Protect the children and shield them with your power.

God show them the true path,

And make the successful here and hereafter!

ZEUS83

عضو جدید
کاربر ممتاز
CHECK YOUR NAME MEANING AND YOU WILL FIND THAT THIS IS

TRUE ………….

For Example : MAHESH

M = Success comes easily to you.
A = You can be very quiet when you have something on your mind.
H = You are not judgmental
E = You are a very exciting person.
S = You are very broad-minded
H = You are not judgmental

A = You can be very quiet when you have something on your mind.
B = You are always cautious when it comes to meeting newpeople .
C = You definitely have a partier side in you, don’t be shy to show it.
D = You have trouble trusting people.
E = You are a very exciting person.
F = Everyone loves you.
G = You have excellent ways of viewing people.
H = You are not judgmental.
I = You are always smiling and making others smile.
J =Jealously
K = You like to try new things.
L = Love is something you deeply believe in.
M = Success comes easily to you.
N = You like to work, but you always want a break.
O = You are very open-minded.
P = You are very friendly and understanding.
Q = You are a hypocrite.
R = You are a social butterfly.
S = You are very broad-minded.
T = You have an attitude, a big one.
U = You feel like you have to equal up to people’s standards.
V = You have a very good physique and looks.
W = You like your privacy.
X = You never let people tell you what to do.
Y = You cause a lot of trouble.
Z = You’re always fighting with someone

mina.polymer.88

عضو جدید
TALE FROM ATTAR

Once upon a time there was a dervish at the time of Moses the prophet . He spent all his time praying to God however he would never experience any feeling of spiritual satisfaction .He had a long beautiful beard which he liked very much .His love for his beard was so great that even while praying to God he would often stop to comb it .
Once day he went to Moses and said "prophet of God please help me "
"What's the problem brother ?" Moses asked kindly .
"You see" the dervish said "I pray to God day and night but i have no experience of spiritual satisfaction ."The next time Moses went to mount sinai he asked god about the dervish ."It's true that this man is trying to seek union with me " the almighty said "but while praying to me he is always thinking about his long beard .A man who is truly seeking me should think about nothing but His Lord ." When Moses saw the dervish he told him about what God had said . then the dervish began to cry bitterly and tore out his beard .
A few months later Moses heard about this dervish from Gebriel . "He is still not experiencing spiritual satisfaction while praying to God " Gebriel said .
"But why?" Moses asked curiosly .'Didn't he hear God's command ?" "yes he did " Gebriel replied '"bue he is thinking about his beard even more now that he has torn it out
[FONT=&quot]][/FONT]​

bishapoor

عضو جدید
Prayer antivirus

Prayer antivirus

[FONT=&quot]Prayer antivirus[/FONT]

Prayer is the best antivirus in the world.
It protects your life windows
from fatal viruses of sorrow, sin & hopelessness.
So update your antivirus daily.
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Close your eyes and relax your mind[/FONT]

Close your eyes and relax your mind
train is ready to take you in the world of peace
where no one give you pain no one hurt you.
Good Night
Sweet Dreams

bishapoor

عضو جدید
[FONT=&quot]No man can ever be satisfied[/FONT]

No Man Can Ever Be Satisfied
with 4 things in life.
(1) Mobile
(2) Automobile
(3) TV
(4) Wife
Because there is always
a better model in neighborhood.

[FONT=&quot]Ability of a person[/FONT]

Ability of a person is not how he has planned.

But how he stands & faces the challenges of life

when everything he planned has gone wrong.

bishapoor

عضو جدید
Fact Of Life

Fact Of Life

[FONT=&quot]Fact Of Life

"When Someone Is
So Sweet To You ...
Don't Expect That
...They Will Be Like That
All The Time
Because
Even The Sweetest Chocolates
Expires ... "
.................................................. ...................................
don't need to have anything

If you have [love], you don't need to have anything else. If you don't have it, it doesn't matter much what else you have.
-Sir James M. Barrie
.................................................. ..............................-
Life is too short to wake up
in the morning with regrets.
So love the people who treat you right
and
forget about the ones who don’t.

Good Morning
.................................................. ...............................
what you can change

Grudges are a waste of perfect happiness.
Laugh when you can,
apologize when you should,
and let go of what you can’t change.
.................................................. ............................
A Bitter Reality

Everyone is ready to help you

but when you need help,

everyone is ready to advise you.

Observe it [/FONT]

ZEUS83

عضو جدید
کاربر ممتاز
مکثهای کلامی والدین به یادگیری زبان کودک کمک می کند

مکثهای کلامی والدین به یادگیری زبان کودک کمک می کند

گروهی از زبانشناسان آمریکایی در بررسیهای خود نشان دادند مکثهای کلامی والدین هنگام گفتار می تواند به توسعه زبان در کودکان کمک کند. به گزارش خبرگزاری مهر، توسعه زبان کودک بسیار پیچیده است و اغلب والدینی را که نگران این مسئله هستند که کودک دوساله آنها هنوز قادر به بیان کلمات نیست در شرایط بحران قرار می دهد.
به تازگی زبانشناسان لابراتوار کودک دانشگاه روچستر، شکل گیری زبان در گروهی از کودکان 18 تا 30 ماه را به طور ثابت مورد بررسی قرار دادند و دریافتند که مکثهایی چون "امممممممم"، "آآآ" و "اِاِاِ" که والدین هنگام صحبت کردن در میان کلمات خود استفاده می کنند برای کودکان همانند نوعی سیگنال عمل می کنند و موجب می شوند که توجه کودک نسبت به کلمات افزایش یابد. به این ترتیب کودکان می فهمند که باید یک اطلاعات جدید را یادبگیرند و آن را ذخیره کنند.
این پژوهشگران اظهار داشتند: " مغز کودک تا زمانی که یک واژه توسط والدین تلفط می شود منتظر می ماند و بعد به دنبال معنی آن می گردد، به همین دلیل احتمال دارد که با خطر از دست دادن واژه بعدی مواجه شود. اما اگر مکثها وجود داشته باشند مغز کودک این فرصت را به دست خواهد آورد تا واژه را راحتتر درک کند."
براساس گزارش RedOrbit، در این تحقیق، مهمترین مسئله ای که در توسعه زبان وجود دارد مورد بررسی قرار گرفته است.
از یک طرف کسانی چون نوام چامسکی وجود دارند که زبان را به عنوان یک توانایی ذاتی مورد ملاحظه قرار می دهند و بنابراین معتقدند که برای یادگیری زبان، کودک به یک مدل آموزشی نیاز ندارد. این درحالی است که در این تحقیق یک خط متفاوت دنبال شده است که نقش تمرین را ارزیابی می کند و نشان می دهد حتی اگر زبان ذاتی باشد برای به فعلیت رساندن آن کودک نیاز دارد تا به صحبتهای افراد پیرامون خود گوش دهد و واژگان را یادبگیرد.
تاکنون اعتقاد بر این بود که استفاده والدین از مکثها در هنگام صحبت می تواند الگوسازی غلطی را در ذهن کودک به وجود آورد. این درحالی است که برپایه این تحقیقات، مکثها می توانند موجب افزایش اثربخشی یادگیری زبان در کودک شود.

roshanshab

کاربر فعال
All I Want....

All I Want....

All I want is to love you for the rest of my life...
To wake up with you every morning by my side,
Knowing not matter what happens,
I'll be able to come home to your loving arms.
All I want to do is share everything with you...
To talk to you about our ideas, our dreams,
The little everyday things that makes us laugh,
And the not-so-little things we can''''t help worrying about.
All I want is to give you my love...
As a place you can always come to for acceptance,
Or the simple comfort that silence brings
When things left unsaid are still understood.
All I want is to grow old with you...
To watch our life unfold,
Our dreams, one by one, come true.

roshanshab

کاربر فعال

Walk with me in love, Talk to me about what you can not say to others,
Laugh with me when you feel silly, Cry with me when you are sad,
Share with me all the beautiful things in life,
Fight with me against all the ugliness of life,
Stand with me&

zeinab9

عضو جدید
واژه های ایرانی در زبان انگلیسی

واژه های ایرانی در زبان انگلیسی

در این پست واژه های ایرانی درج شده است که در زبان انگلیسی استفاده میشود. شما نیز اگر کلمه های ایرانی که در زبان انگلیسی وارد شده است را می شناسید آنها را در این پست اضافه کنید.

1-Nav- ناو: واژه ایرانی به معنی کشتی است وازهمین ریشه ناوبان – ناوخدای (ناخدا) مشتق می شود. درانگلیسی Navigate (کشتی رانی) وNavigable (قابل کشتی رانی) Navigator (ملاح) Navy blue (آبی سیر) و Naval (وابسته به نیروی دریانی) ازهمین ریشه آمده اند.

2- Caravan – کاوران.

3- Arch- قوس: درانگلیسی به مفهوم قوس می باشد. درفارسی "ارک" اراک واریکه داریم که به مفاهیم مرکز قلب وحتا قوس به کار رفته اند . چه ارگ شهرغالبا توس مانند ساخته می شده است. واژه اراک ایرانشهر به معنی دل ایرانشهر ومرکز ایرانشهر بوده است. ازهمین ریشه کلمات Archreologg (قوس شناسی وسپس معماری ) وarcae لاتینی (قوس ) گرفته شده است.

4- King- پادشاه : این واژه انگلیسی وKonig آلمانی وواژه های مشابه درسوئدی دانمارکی نروژی فنلاندی وایسلندی ازریشه Kay پهلوی وKavi اوستایی است. درزبان پشتو خنتما (نجیب زاده وبزرگوار) ودرزبان ترکی خان به احتمال زیاد با این ریشه ها قرابت دارند. توجه کنید کی – کیان Kikg- Kigam KONIG- خان – خنتما – کان.

5- dikar- دینار: پول عربی که ریشه ایرانی اوستایی دارد. Draik نام پول زمان هخامنشیان که درکتاب مقدس تورات وانجیل یاد شده است. مدتی هم یونانیان مسکوک خود را به صورت دریک به کارمی برده اند. هردو ریشه ایرانی دارند ریشه Darik بعدا به صورت Dram ودراخما Drachma یونانی وانگلیسی درآمده است.

6- Plateau- فلات : اصل این کلمه هرچه باشد ازمشرق زمین گرفته شده است Jranian به فلات ایران گفته می شود.

7- Pepper: این واژه ازفلفل ایرانی گرفته شده است. این واژه به گونه Piper درلاتین Poivre درفرانسه peppe ایتالیایی ببر درترکی وپیری دریونانی است. بعضی معتقدند اصل کلمه آرامی است که بازهم زبان بخش بزرگی ازایران بوده ودردوران هخامنشی یکی اززبانهای رسمی ایران محسوب می شده است.

8- Spinach- اسفناج: این واژه ایرانی درزبان های دیگربه صورت گوناگون یافت می شود ازجمله درفنلاند Pikatia پیناتیا درانگلیسی وفرانسه Spinach ودرزبانهای دیگراروپای کم وبیش تغییراتی کاربرد دارد. جالب این است که بدانیم اسفناج خود معرب سپا ناج فارسی است ودرفرهنگ های کهن عربی چون "البلغد" ابو یعقوب کردی نیشابوری و "السامی فی السامی" میدانی نیشابوری به همین صورت آمده است.

9- Candy: کلمه قند واژه ای است پارسی همان طور که شکرواژه ای است ایرانی. پس ازساخته شدن شکردرایران که به اعتراف عمومی ریشه آن ایرانی وفارسی است کلمه قند به همین نام به وجود آمد کم وبیش ریشه های مشابهی مثل کندو را درزبان فارسی می یابیم. یکیا زواژههای انگلیسی که ریشه مشابهی با قند دارد عبارتست از: Candy (شیرینی ). زیرا شیرینی ولذت دراین واژه با کلمه قند سنجیده شده است. به گفته محمودی بختیاری کاندیدای وکالت درزمان قدم لباس سفید رنگ شکری می پوشیده وبه همین ترتیب خود را نامزد انتخابات می کرده وبدین رو واژه Candidate (کاندیدا نامزد) ساخته شد.

10- Cau liflower- kale : به معنی کلم است با توجه به شباهت این ریشه ها امکان دارد این واژه ها هم ریشه ایرانی داشته باشد.

11- Nuphar- نیلوفر زرد Nenophar- نیلوفر زرد: نام گل زیبای نیلوفر است که درزبان های دیگراروپا ازجمله فرانسه – یونانی وترکی دیده می شود.

12- Orange: نارنج وترنج درپارسی کهن به نارنج وپرتقال اطلاق می شده اند درفرانسه Orang درژاپنی Orenzi ودرزبان های ترکی کردی آسوری وبسیاری اززبانهای دیگر دنیا ریشه دوانیده است.
13- Rhubarb- ریواس : اصل این واژه راوند وریواس (ریواس) است . واژه های مشابه درزبان های دیگر ازجمله ایتالیایی فرانسه انگلیسی وترکی دیده می شود.

14- Ginger- زنجبیل: درزبان انگلیسی Zenzero ایتالیایی.

15- Lemon: لیمو: ریشه لیمو درغالب زبان های دنیا ازجمله ترکی فرانسه اسپانیولیایتالیایی زبان های اسکاندیناوی وروسی به کارمی رود نیز کلمه Limonade که ازلیمو گرفته شده است. Lemon آب نبات ترش Lemon juice آب لیمو وغیره .

16- کلمه بوته که ریشه ای پارسی واصیل است درزبان های اروپایی به گونه Botanic (علم گیاه شناسی) ریشه دوانده است. وبه نظر می آید که لفظ Pon فنلاندی نیز کوتاه شده اآن باشد. درزبان ترکی نیز واژه بوته را داریم. واژه Botanic تقریبا بین المللی است ودرتمام زبان های اروپایی سوئدی نروژی فرانسه وآلمانی وروسی به کارمی رود.

17- Silk – ابریشم: این واژه انگلیسی وSoie (سویه) فرانسه سیرا عربی سیراج حبشی ازواژه های فارسی سره گرفته شده اند. به خوبی می دانیم که ایران یکی از مراکز مهم پروش کرم ابریشم بوده است. واگر چه چین هم مرکز عمده تولید ابریشم به شمار می آمده اما این واژه از راه ایران به اروپا رخنه کرده است.

18- Saffron- زعفران : نیز واژه بین المللی گردیده اودرتمام اروپا کاربرد دارد.

19- Garden- باغ: این ریشه ایرانی است. زیرا درروستاهای ایران واژه کرت که درحقیقت باغچه های مخصوص مو و سایر درختان می باشد به کارمی رود. درگویش کرمانی گارت به جویهایی که درآنها درخت خرما کاشته می شود وصورت باغ کوچکی را می یابد اطلاق می گردد. ازهمین ریشه Garten آلمانی و Jarten ژاردن فرانسه را باید به خاطر سپرد.

20- مقایسه واژه های Tree انگلیسی درروسی ودارو درخت فارسی نشان می دهد این ریشه ها نیزهمانندی دارند اما به نظر می رسد که این کلمه پایه باشد.

zeinab9

عضو جدید
چند اصطلاح در زبان انگلیسی با کلمه Pie

چند اصطلاح در زبان انگلیسی با کلمه Pie

یکی از معانی کلمه pie کلوچه است که در زبان انگلیسی از این کلمه برای بیان تعدادی از اصطلاحات استفاده میشود ، در این پست 3 مثال را آوردم :

1- It’s as easy as pie

این اصطلاح زمانی به کار برده میشود که گوینده قصد دارد بگوید انجام دادن کاری بسیار ساده است . در فارسی اصطلاحا میگوییم ، مثل آب خوردن است .

2- pie-eyed

وقتی کسی زیادی مشروب خورده و مست شده است این اصطلاح برای آن استفاده میشود :

He drank too much , he is pie-eyed

3-to have a finger in many pies

زمانی که کسی درگیر کارهای مختلف است و یا شغل های متفاوتی دارد این اصطلاح به کار میرود.

I’ve got many job , On Monday I work at X-office , On Wednsday at Y-office and in Friday in a restaurant , I have a finger in many pies

* Mojtaba *

کاربر حرفه ای
کاربر ممتاز
+++++++ ABCD of Love ++++++++++

+++++++ ABCD of Love ++++++++++

ABCD of Love :smile:
hope not repetitive....;)

A – Absolutely adore to each other
B – Be best friends always
C – Compromise is must
D – Discover the new things together
E – Encourage each other well
F – Forgive and forget is must
G – Gaze into each others eyes ,hmmmmm
H – Hold hands and hug a lot ,hmmmm
I – Inspire and intrigue each other :D
J – Joke and laugh and have fun together
K – Kiss Kiss Kiss ;-) Muuhaaaah
L – Love with all your hearts (most imp.)
M – Marvel at each other’s talents :)
N – Nuture each other’s soul :)
O – Overcome problem together :)
P – Play games :D
Q – Quiet each other’s fears
R – Remember the little things
S – Say “I love you” everyday
T – Take time for tenderness
U – Understand and care deeply
V – Value everything you share
W – Wish on stars together
X – X-press your true feelings
Y – Yearn for each other’s touch
Z – Zzzzz in each other’s arm

mohandesehsan

عضو جدید
نکته جالب اعداد و حروف انگلیسی

• حروف انگلیسی A,B,C,D در املای انگلیسی هیچ یک از اعداد ۱تا ۱۰۰ دیده نمی شود
  • حرف D برای اولین بار در عدد ۱۰۰ بکار می رود (Hundred)
  • حروف A,B,C در املای انگلیسی هیچ یک از اعداد ۱ تا ۹۹۹ دیده نمیشود.
  • حرف A برای اولین بار در املای عدد ۱۰۰۰ دیده می شود (Thousand)
  • حروف B,C در املای انگلیسی هیچ یک از اعداد ۱ تا ۹۹۹۹۹۹۹۹۹ دیدهنمی شود.
  • حرف B برای اولین بار در املای عدد بیلیون بکار می رود. (billion)
  • و حرف C هیچ وقت در املای اعداد انگلیسی بکار نمیرود.

آخرین ویرایش توسط مدیر:

mohandesehsan

عضو جدید
اسمهای خداوند به زبان انگلیسی

القدوس - The Holy

الملك - The Sovereign Lord

الرحیم - The Mercifull

الرحمن - The Beneficent

الله - The Name Of God

الجبار - The Compeller

العزیز - The Mighty

المهیمن - The Protector

الممن - The Guardian Of Faith

السلام - The Source Of Peace

الغفار - The Forgiver

المصور - The Fashioner

البارئ - The Evolver

الخالق - The Creator

المتكبر - The Majestic

العلیم - The All Knowning

الفتاح - The Opner

الرزاق - The Provider

الوهاب - The Bestover

القهار - The Subduer

المعز - The Honourer

الرافع - The Exalter

الخافض - The Abaser

الباسط - The Expender

القابض - The Constrictor

العدل - The Just

الحكم - The Judge

البصیر - The All Seeing

السمیع - The All Hearing

المذل - The Dishonourer

الغفور - The All-Forgiving

العظیم - The Great One

الحلیم - The Forbearing One

الخبیر - The Aware

اللطیف - The Subtle One

آخرین ویرایش توسط مدیر:

kazem2114

عضو جدید
اصطلاحات ناب و کمیاب انگلیسی

اصطلاحات ناب و کمیاب انگلیسی

make yourself at home اینجا رو خونه ی خودتون بدونید

let the cat out of the bag/basket = reveal some one's secret unintentionally راز کسی رو فاش کردن (غیرعمدی)

every tom , dick and herry هر ننه قمری

feel blue = down in the dumps = out of sorts =sad =upset

they let the tire down لاستیک ماشینمو پنچر کردند

tv-dinner غذای حاضری

candid camera دوربین مخفی

punctured = flat tire = blow out لاستیک پنچر

don't **** with me با من کل کل و بحث نکن

babak 123

عضو جدید
کاربر ممتاز
operating system - funny

operating system - funny

Last year I upgraded from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0 . I soon noticed that the new program began unexpected child processing that took up a lot of space and valuable resources. In addition, Wife 1.0 installed itself into all other programs and now monitors all other system activity. Applications such as Poker Night 10.3 , Football 5.0 , Hunting and Fishing 7.5 , and Racing 3.6 no longer run , crashing the system whenever selected.

I can't seem to keep
Wife 1.0 in the background while attempting to run my favorite applications. I'm thinking about going back to Girlfriend 7.0 , but the uninstall doesn't work on Wife 1.0 . Please help!

Thanks,
A Troubled User. (KEEP READING)

REPLY:
Dear Troubled User:

This is a very common problem that men complain about.

Many people upgrade from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0 , thinking that it is just a Utilities and Entertainment program. Wife 1.0 is an OPERATING SYSTEM and is designed by its Creator to run EVERYTHING !!! It is also impossible to delete Wife 1.0 and to return to Girlfriend 7.0 . It is impossible to uninstall, or purge the program files from the system once installed.

You cannot go back to Girlfriend 7.0 because
Wife 1.0 is designed to not allow this. Look in your Wife 1.0 manual under Warnings-Alimony -Child Support. I recommend that you keep Wife1.0 and work on improving the situation. I suggest installing the background application "Yes Dear" to alleviate software augmentation.

The best course of action is to enter the command
C:\ APOLOGIZE because ultimately you will have to give the APOLOGIZE command before the system will return to normal anyway

Wife 1.0 is a great program, but it tends to be very high maintenance
Wife 1.0 comes with several support programs, such as Clean and Sweep 3.0 , Cook It 1.5 and Do Bills 4.2 ..

However, be very careful how you use these programs. Improper use will cause the system to launch the program Nag Nag 9.5
. Once this happens, the only way to improve the performance of Wife 1.0 is to purchase additional software. I recommend Flowers 2.1 and Diamonds 5.0 !

WARNING!!! DO NOT
, under any circumstances, install
Secretary With Short Skirt 3.3 .. This application is not supported by Wife 1.0 and will cause irreversible damage to the operating system.

Best of luck,
Tech Support

بالا