قبل از اينكه بميرم. . .

Civil Boy

مدیر بازنشسته
کاربر ممتاز

After

One month and seven hours of intense stenciling later and it’s up! With a lot of support from old and new friends, I turned the side of an abandoned house in my neighborhood into a giant chalkboard where residents can write on the wall and remember what is important to them in life. It’s also about transforming a neglected space into a constructive one where we can learn the hopes and aspirations of the people around us. It turns out this entire process (including official approval from many entities) has been a great lesson, experience, and project in itself – more on that later. If you’re in New Orleans, stop by the corner of Marigny and Burgundy (900 Marigny St) to add your thoughts to the wall and see what matters most to your neighbors. It’s a question that has changed me in the last year, and I believe the design of our public spaces can better reflect what’s important to us as residents and as human beings. The responses and stories from passersby while we were installing it have already hit me hard in the heart. More installations to come. Huge thanks to Kristina Kassem, Alan Williams, Cory Klemmer, Anamaria Vizcaino, James Reeves, Alex Vialou, and Gary Hustwit for installation assistance and many others for support along the way! Concurrently installed in East/West Galleries.

Update March 6, 2011: And after three days (below)!

All responses are being documented and some will be included in a book. Once the wall is filled, we wash the board with water and begin anew again. A project site is in the works. I have received many kind requests from people who’d like to install it in their city, so we’re looking into ways to manufacture an affordable stencil (I made this one by hand. It is a lot of cutting). Stay tuned!

niaz**

عضو جدید
کاربر ممتاز
بالاخره مرگ شتریه که در خونه همه میشینه
مام آرزوهای بزرگ و دست نیافتنی نداریم

فقط 1 ساعت قبل مرگم یه قاچ هندونه خوشمزه بهم بدن
پس از مرگ هم بالای قبرم هندونه بکارن

مي مو

عضو جدید
کاربر ممتاز
بالاخره مرگ شتریه که در خونه همه میشینه
مام آرزوهای بزرگ و دست نیافتنی نداریم

فقط 1 ساعت قبل مرگم یه قاچ هندونه خوشمزه بهم بدن
پس از مرگ هم بالای قبرم هندونه بکارن

این هندونه خوردنت منو کشته
اینهمه هندونه میخوری حتما یه سره تو خط....
مواظب باش شبا....

niaz**

عضو جدید
کاربر ممتاز
این هندونه خوردنت منو کشته
اینهمه هندونه میخوری حتما یه سره تو خط....
مواظب باش شبا....

من دیگه آنتی هندونه شدم
هندونه روی من اثرات دیگری میگذارد ای می مو (شادی آور
ضد تهوع و بدون اثر سوء وباقیشم هنوز دکترا کشف نکردن)نه از این اثرات دون که مال مردم عادیه