Which version of IELTS do I need?( Compare IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training)


مدیر تالار زبان انگلیسی

If you plan to study at undergraduate or postgraduate level in an English-speaking country, take IELTS Academic, accepted by most of the world’s prestigious academic institutions. Take IELTS General Training if you plan to study or train below undergraduate level.

[h=1]Which version of IELTS is right for you?[/h] Check with the organisations you wish to apply to before you book your test!
There are two versions of IELTS to choose from:

  • IELTS Academic
  • IELTS General Training

Please note that if you are taking IELTS for UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI) purposes then additional options (and rules) are applicable. Visit what is IELTS for UKVI for relevant information.

Make sure you know which one you need before you book your test.

What do you want to do?The version you need
I want to:

  • study at university at undergraduate or postgraduate level; or
  • join a professional organisation in an English-speaking country
You should take IELTS Academic
I want to:

  • train or study at below degree level
  • work or undertake work-related training in an English-speaking country
  • emigrate to an English-speaking country
You should take IELTS General Training

[h=2]Find out which test you need[/h] Every organisation sets its own entry requirements. In some cases both versions of IELTS may be accepted.
Visit Who accepts IELTS? to search for the organisations you want to apply to, and find out which version you need. If you are in doubt as to which version to take, you should contact the organisations directly in order to check their requirements.
Whichever test version you choose, IELTS can help you make the most of your time in your chosen country.


Similar threads