زبان انگليسی و مكالمه را با شنیدن یاد بگیريد

*زهره*

مدیر بازنشسته
کاربر ممتاز
درس شصت و سه - سیرک

درس شصت و سه - سیرک

The Circus

Wow! A big tent was in the middle of the town's parking lot! We were going to a three-ring
circus. I couldn't wait for it to begin. Inside and outside of the tent, toys, balloons and
food were being sold. All of the children were so very excited.
Inside the tent, we found good seats so we could see everything. The band started to
play loud music, and the
ringmaster came out with a big tall hat on his head.
In one ring, there were small animals, dogs, monkeys and parrots doing tricks. The dogs
were dressed in funny clothes, and so were the monkeys. They rode on bicycles, danced
and climbed ladders.
There were wild tigers and lions in a big round wire cage. A man with a whip was inside
the cage with them. He had them trained to jump through a hoop of fire and to roll over.
He even kissed them! He was very brave!
During the break in the middle of the circus, funny clowns came out and did silly things.
They had happy faces and sad faces. Some had big red noses that honked if you
squeezed them. There were rides on big elephants too. I didn't go on one because it cost
too much money.
The last act took up the whole tent. It was acrobats. They hung from their teeth, their feet
and their necks high up in the air! They also swung high up in the air and "flew" to each
other. It's kind of scary to watch because I was afraid they might fall.
I had a very good time at the circus. However, my tummy felt kind of sick from all the
cotton candy and junk food I ate!

ringmaster:

the person who introduces the performers and animals in a circus

*زهره*

مدیر بازنشسته
کاربر ممتاز
درس شصت و چهار - رفتن به سوپر مارکت

درس شصت و چهار - رفتن به سوپر مارکت

Going to the Grocery Store

Each week I go to the grocery store to buy food for my family. I get a shopping cart from
the front of the store, and I push the cart all around the store. The cart is large, but when I
am finished shopping, the cart is nearly full!
The grocery store is also called a supermarket. When I go shopping, I start out in the
produce section of the supermarket. The produce section is where the fresh fruits and
vegetables are kept. I like to buy different kinds of fruit, such as apples, oranges, and
bananas. The vegetables that I often buy are carrots, peas, and corn. I also buy tomatoes
when they are bright red in color. I often buy a bag of potatoes or a bag of rice.
After visiting the produce section, I go to the meat section. Here I buy
poultry, such as
chicken and turkey. I often buy seafood, especially fish. I also buy beef, and sometimes
pork or lamb. I also visit the dairy section, where I can buy milk and cheese. Sometimes I
also buy ice cream or yogurt.
When I have finished in the meat and dairy sections, I then move to the bakery section.
This is where loaves of bread are baked and sold. There are many different kinds of
bread in the bakery section. The bakery section also sells pasta, such as macaroni and
spaghetti. And, of course, you can buy pies, cakes, and cookies in the bakery section.
These foods are very sweet and tasty!
I also pick up a few other things at the supermarket, such as soap, toothpaste, and
cleaning supplies. But sometimes I forget to buy something that I had planned to get.
Maybe I should make a list of the things I need to buy!

poultry:

[plural] birds such as chickens and ducks that are kept on farms in order to produce eggs and meat
[uncountable] meat from birds such as chickens and ducks

ـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ
pork:

the meat from pigs
pork chops

*زهره*

مدیر بازنشسته
کاربر ممتاز
درس شصت و پنج - یک روز در ساحل دریا

درس شصت و پنج - یک روز در ساحل دریا

A Day at the Beach

When the hot summer weather arrives, many people like to cool off by visiting the beach.
Often, there is a cool
breeze that comes off the water. And, of course, the water itself is
cool and refreshing.
One of the favourite activities at the beach is building sandcastles. Children use small
shovels and
pails to move the sand. They can build small forts and castles by carefully
forming and shaping the sand. Building sandcastles is a lot of fun, but you shouldn't
build them too close to the water: a wave might come and wash your sandcastle away!
There are also many games that people like to play at the beach. Some people play catch
with a small plastic disc called a
Frisbee. The Frisbee glides smoothly through the air.
Other people like to play beach volleyball in the soft sand.
Some people prefer just to relax on the beach. They like to lie down on a blanket and feel
the warm sunshine. I like to sit on the beach with an ice-cream cone. But you have to eat
it quickly, before it melts.
Of course, the main attraction of a beach is the water. Many children learn to swim at the
beach, and enjoy playing in the water. Some people like to swim
vigorously. Other people
like to relax in the water on an
inflatable, floating mattress. Other people just wade
around in the water, as a way to keep cool. When it is a windy day, some people try
sports such as surfing.
Going to the beach is surely one of the best ways to spend a summer day!

breeze:

a gentle wind
flowers waving in the breeze

ــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ
pail:

a metal or wooden container with a handle, used for carrying liquids
ᅳsynonym bucket
a milk pail
pail of
a pail of water

http://salamzaban.com/search?searchword=pail&ordering=newest&searchphrase=all&limit=20

fort:

a strong building or group of buildings used by soldiers or an army for defending an important place

Frisbee:

glide

to move smoothly and quietly, as if without effort
glide across/over/down etc
couples gliding over the dancefloor
a) if a bird glides, it flies without moving its wings
b) if a plane glides, it flies without using an engine

vigorous:
using a lot of energy and strength or determination
*Your dog needs at least 20 minutes of vigorous exercise every day.
*Environmentalists have begun a vigorous campaign to oppose nuclear dumping in the area.
*a vigorous debate
*Vigorous efforts are being made to find a solution to the problem.
*The measures provoked vigorous opposition in right-wing circles.
ᅳvigorously adverb

inflatable:

an inflatable object has to be filled with air before you can use it
an inflatable mattress

mattress:

the part of a bed that one lies on, consisting of a strong cloth cover filled with soft material or springs:
*I’ll have to get a new mattress for my bed — the springs have gone in this one

...scream...

عضو جدید
کاربر ممتاز
درس شصت و شش - درست کردن شیرینی

درس شصت و شش - درست کردن شیرینی

making Cookies

دانلود نمایید

Ummmm. Something smells good! My friend's mom is making cookies. They are
chocolate chip, my favourite! I think I'll go home and ask my mom if we can make
cookies, too.
I run all the way home and rush through the door. I yell, "Mom, Mom!" She comes out
from her bedroom, her eyes wide. "What?" she answers, a little worried. I breathlessly
ask if we can please, pretty please, make cookies. She smiles and says, "I guess so."
"YES!" I reply.
First mom tells me to get out the cooking stuff; so I get out the mixer and bowl, the
measuring cups and spoons and the cookie sheets. Then she tells me to get out the
recipe book. I remind her that the recipe is on the chocolate chip package. "Right," she
says. Then she asks me to look at the recipe and get out the things we need: like flour,
sugar and butter.
We set the oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Then, we mix all of the flour and other
stuff (ingredients) together. Last, we add the chocolate chips. We drop the batter by big
teaspoons full onto the cookie sheets. We set the timer for 12 minutes and just sit back
and enjoy the good smell!
The buzzer rings. We take the cookies out. Oh, do they look good! We don't even wait for
them to cool down. Both Mom and I get a big glass of cold milk and two big warm
cookies each. Yum! Yum! Want to join us?!

chocolate chip cookie:

a kind of small biscuit with small pieces of chocolate in it

ــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ
recipe:

a set of instructions for cooking a particular type of food
recipe for
a recipe for tomato soup
a recipe book

batter:

a mixture of flour, eggs, milk etc, used in cooking and for making bread, cakes etc
Fry the fish in batter. pancake batter

دقت نمایید که چگونه از زمان حال ساده برای بیان رویدادی در گذشته استفاده شد

...scream...

عضو جدید
کاربر ممتاز
درس شصت و هفت - ستاره ها در آسمان نیمه شب

درس شصت و هفت - ستاره ها در آسمان نیمه شب

دانلود نمایید

Stars in the Midnight Sky

"Twinkle, twinkle, little star, how I wonder what you are; up above the world so high, like
a diamond in the sky, twinkle, twinkle little star." This is a little poem/song I always say
when I am outside, and I see the stars. When I see the first star of the night, I sometimes
say this one: "Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight; I wish I may; I wish I might,
have the wish I wish tonight." Do you have a special thing to say about the stars?
Stars are beautiful bright spots in the sky. Stars are usually seen at night when it is dark.
We can't see them in the day time because the sun is so bright, the brightest star of all. I
like staying up late just to look at the stars.
One time I was outside at midnight, and the stars seemed to sparkle and dance. They
really did look like diamonds dancing in the sky!
If you watch the stars long enough, you may see a falling star or a shooting star. I have
seen both. A falling star is where the star just seems to drop, and it leaves a trail of what
appears like star dust. A shooting star is very beautiful. It "shoots" across the sky
leaving a long trail of colourful "star dust." Shooting stars seem to brighten up the whole
sky. They usually seem quite close to the earth.
Have you ever watched the stars and got the urge to reach out and touch them, or even
to join them in their secret dance? I wonder what it would be like to see a star up close.
Would it look like the moon? Maybe one day when I am older, I will go up in a rocket ship
and visit the dancing stars in the midnight sky!

sparkle:

to shine in small bright flashes
ᅳsee also sparkling
The sea sparkled in the sun. The crystal chandelier sparkled.

...scream...

عضو جدید
کاربر ممتاز
درس شصت و هشت - موسیقی

درس شصت و هشت - موسیقی

Music

A song comes on the radio. My lips start to move, singing along. My fingers start to snap;
my feet begin to tap. The music sinks deep into my soul. I listen to the music as it fills my
brain, and I remember when I used to sing. I sang in front of huge crowds. I loved it when
they watched me and clapped for me when I was finished.
Letting out my feelings when I was sad, mad, happy, or glad was when I would sing. I
sang in the shower; I sang in the rain; I sang in church; I sang walking down the street!
Music has always been a big part of my life. It seems like I was a baby when I started
playing the piano! I would sit on my sister's lap while she played the piano, and I would
bang on the keys. I remember sitting beside her and learning how to sing. I sang my little
lungs out!
As I grew, I listened to other singers on tapes, the radio and C.D.s. I took those things
that I heard from different singers and made myself sound like them. Soon, I could take
what I had heard all my life and make it into my own sound.
I have always liked singing jazz and blues. I don't listen to jazz and blues a lot, however. I
listen to pop, rock, classical and some country. As you can see, I like many types of
music. I have seen musicals, too, like Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables. Those
musicals were amazing. There were such bright costumes and stage sets, not to mention
the wonderful songs and singing.
Music has been on this earth since the beginning of time, and it touches every one in a
different way. I know it has not only touched me, but is a big part of my very being!

snap:

making a noise by moving the second finger quickly along the thumb

▶MUSIC◀
[transitive] to make a regular pattern of sounds with your fingers or feet, especially when you are listening to music
She tapped her feet in time to the music. a toe-tapping tune

▶MOVE LOWER◀
[intransitive] to move downwards to a lower level
The sun was sinking behind the coconut palms. Her chin sank onto her chest, and she looked despairing.

to hit something hard, making a loud noise
bang on
*They were banging on the door with their fists.
bang your fist/hand on something
*She banged her fist on the table.
*The baby kept banging the table with his spoon.

[uncountable]
a slow sad style of music that came from the southern US
a blues singer
ᅳsee also rhythm and blues

▶HAVE AN EFFECT◀
[transitive] to have an effect on someone or something, especially by changing or influencing them
He has touched the lives of many people. Unemployment remains an evil that touches the whole community. He was often touched by doubt (=doubt affected him) .

...scream...

عضو جدید
کاربر ممتاز
درس شصت و نه - اولین قرار ملاقات من

درس شصت و نه - اولین قرار ملاقات من

دانلود نمایید

First Date

"Ring, ring." The phone is ringing. My mother answers it. "Hello," she says. It is for me.
When I pick up the phone, I hear a boy's voice. It is a boy I go to school with.
This boy is very nice, and he is cute, too. He asks me if I want to go out for dinner with
him tonight. I say yes. He is going to pick me up at 5:30 p.m. in the evening. He has a
nice red car.
Before he picks me up, I have to find an outfit to wear. I am nervous and don't know what
to wear. So my sister picks out an outfit for me. I feel excited and have the sensation of
butterflies in my stomach. The inside of my hands are damp, too. I put on my outfit and
do my hair. My sister gives me some nice clips to put in my hair.
"Ding-dong," the doorbell buzzes. My date is here! I hurry to the door, so I can greet him.
He tells me that I look nice and that we are going to a place called M-T Bellies.
When we arrive at M-T Bellies, there is loud music playing. A smiling waitress comes who
serves us our food. I order a large caesar salad. My date orders steak. When it arrives,
the food looks and is delicious! The waitress asks us if we want dessert after we've
finished. But we are too full. So we ask for our bill to pay.
My date pays for the meal. I brought money just in case we would share the cost. When
we leave the restaurant, we go for a walk by the river. It is a beautiful night.
I am enjoying my first date. I am laughing and having fun. It is time for us to go home. So
my date takes me home. I smile and thank him for the great time. I hope he'll ask me out
again!

outfit:

a set of clothes worn together, especially for a special occasion
*She bought a new outfit for the party.
*a cowboy outfit

slightly wet, often in an unpleasant way: damp grass | damp clothes | The tenants complained to their landlord about the damp walls in the bedroom. | an unhealthy damp climate | Use a damp cloth to clean the table.

clip:
▶FOR FASTENING◀
[countable] a small metal or plastic object that holds or fastens things together
The wire is held on with a metal clip. a wad of money in a gold clip

to say hello to someone or welcome them
Belinda greeted her warmly.
greet somebody with something
Bill opened the door to Harold and greeted him with cries of welcome.

...scream...

عضو جدید
کاربر ممتاز
درس هفتاد - دانشگاه

درس هفتاد - دانشگاه

University

دانلود نمایید

University

It's time to sign up for school. This year Natalie is going to Brock University. She has
never been to university before. She is a little bit scared. She hopes she meets nice, new
friends. Natalie stood in line to get her picture taken. The picture was put on a card. The
card was her picture ID (identification). She would use this card if she needed to buy
books from the school bookstore; if she wanted to get a book from the library; or if she
wanted to use the pool!
After all of the signing up and money was paid, Natalie went out to lunch with her mother.
"Mom, I'm kind of scared about going to school. I'm going to be the youngest kid there. I
don't know how to take notes. The teachers might be mean....", Natalie rambled on. Her
mom just calmed her down and said, "Take one day at a time, Natalie. Worry only about
today." "Hmmm. You're right, Mom. Thanks!"
Natalie was very scared on the first day of school. She made sure she had all of the
books she needed and lots of pens, pencils and erasers. She walked into the front of the
building and went on her way to try and find her classroom.
Natalie got through her classes and met a lot of new people, nice people. Her classes
seemed to go by really fast, and the day went by even faster.
When Natalie got home she was so excited. She told her mom that classes weren't all
that scary; the students and the teachers weren't scary either! Natalie knew that the
school work would be hard, but she felt good about the people she had met that day. She
knew she'd have a good year.

school:

▶UNIVERSITY◀
a) [uncountable and countable] American English a college or university, or the time when you study there
Their kids are away at school now. She was going to school in Boston.
b) [countable]a department or group of departments that teaches a particular subject at a university
school of
the Harvard School of Public Health
law/medical/business/graduate school After two years of medical school, I thought I knew everything.

ᅳsynonym go on
ramble on about
My father kept rambling on about the war.

don't expect things to happen at once, results may only come gradually

...scream...

عضو جدید
کاربر ممتاز
درس هفتاد و یک - مدرسه رقص

درس هفتاد و یک - مدرسه رقص

دانلود نمایید

School Dance

It is the first school dance that I have ever been to. All of the boys are standing on one
side of the gymnasium, and all of the girls are on the other side. There is loud music
playing, and I can hardly hear my friends talking.
The music is going fast, and some people are starting to move to the beat of the song.
Soon all the girls are dancing, but the boys are still standing against the wall. Then the
song ends, and slow music comes on. I don't know what to do, so I just go and stand
against the wall. Then one of the boys in my class comes over and asks me if I would like
to dance to the slow song. I really feel awkward and nervous, but say yes.
We go out into the middle of the gym, and he puts his hands on my waist, and I put my
hands on his shoulders. We start to move to the music, and we step on each other's feet!
He is bigger than me, so my toe starts to hurt a little bit! As we continue to "slow dance,"
more boys and girls come to the middle of the gym to dance together.
It sure is funny to watch people dance because they are stepping on each other's toes
and bumping into each other and turning in opposite directions! Soon the song ends,
and the boys go to one side of the gym again. The girls decide that they want to dance to
a fast song, so they stay in the middle of the gym and dance with one another.
Our teachers are making sure that we are behaving because they are watching us. I
wonder if they want to dance. They probably are remembering their first school dance. I
wonder if someday I'll be grown up just like the teachers and laughing at the memories of
my first school dance? I sure hope so!

gymnasium:
formal
a gym

ــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ
beat:
the main rhythm that a piece of music or a poem has
a song with a beat you can dance to a poem with a very regular beat

*زهره*

مدیر بازنشسته
کاربر ممتاز
درس هفتاد و دو - سلامتی

درس هفتاد و دو - سلامتی

Health

Our health is very important to us. People can have good jobs, money or good looks.
However, if they become sick, those things don't mean a thing. It is wonderful to feel
good.
Feeling good isn't just about our body. It is also about our mind and spirit. We need to
feel good in every area of our life.
One of the things we can do to be healthy is to get enough sleep. If we don't sleep well,
or enough, it hurts our body. It is during sleep that our body restores itself.
Everybody knows we should also eat good foods. We need milk products, meats, fruits
and vegetables and breads and
cereals. We shouldn't eat too much fat or sugar things
either. Of course, we just shouldn't eat too much at all! Another thing that is very
important is water. Most people know our bodies are mainly water, and we need to keep
that replaced with good water--often!
Exercise is very good for both our body and mind. It is good for our heart, lungs,
muscles and bones. It gets oxygen to our brain to help us think better. It can help us be
smarter!
Doing things that we believe are right and good gives us peace inside. It makes us be
nicer people and is good for our spirit. When we do what we know is right, it helps to
reduce stress, which isn't good for any part of us.
When we take care of our body, mind, and spirit, we feel good all over and inside, too!
What a beautiful world this would be if we could all work at doing these things for
ourselves and also trying to be a help to others!

cereal:
a plant grown to produce grain, for example wheat, rice etc
*cereal crops
*wheat is a cereal that has been planted for thousands of years

*زهره*

مدیر بازنشسته
کاربر ممتاز
درس هفتاد و سه - هالووین

درس هفتاد و سه - هالووین

Halloween

Ghosts, goblins, witches, princes and princesses, kings, queens, skeletons! So may of
these "things" are walking down my street. "Oh, no! They are coming to my door!" The
doorbell
chimes, and I slowly open the door. There standing on my front porch, is a little
ghost and a cute little witch. They hold up a bag and say, "trick or treat." I put candy into
their bags and they smile and say, "Thank you."
Every October 31 is Halloween. That is when children dress up as different things (not
just funny people, but things like animals or fruits or vegetables, etc). They go from door
to door and get different candies or little toys from the people in the houses. Some
children, who are not very nice, will do
naughty things to houses where people are not
home, like throwing eggs at their windows. I think that is bad.
Sometimes people decorate their houses for this day. Some of the houses can be pretty
scary. They'll have scary noises coming from a
tape recorder, too. However, it's only for a
few days out of the year, so we may as well have fun with it.
This year my brother is dressing up as a skeleton, and I'm dressing up as a bride. I am
wearing my mom's wedding dress. It is fun dressing up in costumes and putting on lots
of
makeup. Sometimes our friends don't even know who we really are!
The best part of Halloween is the candy, of course. I once got an entire garbage bag full
of candy. Mom and Dad took it away because I was eating too much. Mom gave me a
piece of candy every day, though. If you eat too much candy, you can get a stomach ache.
You need to remember to brush your teeth often, too, so you don't get cavities. Still, that
candy sure does taste good!
Well, it's time to go "trick or treating." So off I go, door to door, getting
yummy candy and
hearing people say, "Oh, aren't you pretty!"

goblin:

a small ugly creature in children's stories that likes to trick people

a structure built onto the front or back entrance of a house, with a floor and a roof but no walls

▶SLIGHTLY BAD◀
to do something that is not right or good, but is not very serious
*I felt a bit naughty going off on my own, leaving the children behind.
*the neighbor's naughty children

a piece of electrical equipment that can record sound on tape and play it back

*I don't usually wear much make-up .
*Her hair looked untidy, and she had no make-up on .
*I'm just putting my make-up on , then I'll be ready.
*girls in heavy make-up
*Don't you ever wear eye make-up ?

tasting very good
This cake is really yummy.

*زهره*

مدیر بازنشسته
کاربر ممتاز
درس هفتاد و چهار - سال جدید

درس هفتاد و چهار - سال جدید

New Year

"Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one! HAPPY NEW YEAR!"
What is New Year's? Well, to me a New Year is when the date of the year changes. This
year it is 2001, and on December 31 at midnight it will change to 2002. I wonder who
invented the changing of years and how it was made the way it is. It must have been
someone a long time ago, since it's already 2001.
When New Year's comes closer, a lot of people talk about New Year's resolutions. I don't
bother making "resolutions" because I never do them anyway! And the ones that I do
make are usually ones that will happen anyway. I guess it's just common sense.
The biggest reason why I like New Year's is because of the fireworks that we have here in
Canada and many other countries, too. You should see some of the fireworks that
go off.
There are many different colours. There's pink, blue, purple, yellow, green, red, even
white, silver and gold. Fireworks make loud
bangs, squeals, siren sounds, and
sometimes all at once. There are lots of different sounds, but I can't even explain what
they are all like.
Fireworks are best when it's very dark outside. They light up the whole sky! Sometimes,
they look as though they are going to fall on you.
I like New Year's because it's fun in other ways, but the fireworks are the best part. You
can buy fireworks to use for your own fireworks show. However, you have to be careful
that no one gets burned or hurt.
Usually, there are parties at New Year's. Some people really dress up fancy and even
wear masks. They don't know who one another is until midnight when they take their
masks off. As midnight comes very close, everybody begins to count down, and then
everyone yells out "Happy New Year's" and
bang pots and pans or ring bells or honk
horns. Join me in the count down on New Year's Eve. "Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five,
four, three, two, one - HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

bang:
a sudden loud noise caused by something such as a gun

a long loud high sound or cry

squeal of
She gave a squeal of laughter.
There was a squeal of brakes.
pots and pans
pot of
There was a big pot of soup on the stove.

ᅳsynonym saucepana frying panpots and pansCook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water.

*زهره*

مدیر بازنشسته
کاربر ممتاز
درس هفتاد و پنج - بازهم موسیقی

درس هفتاد و پنج - بازهم موسیقی

More Music

I like music. I have always liked music. Even when I was very young, I liked music. I like
to listen to it, and to make it. When I was a little girl, listening to nice music would
sometimes make me cry! That may seem silly, but the music was so pretty that I cried!
As I grew older, I started to take piano lessons. I was not very good at first, but after a
while I got better. Also, as I grew older, I started to take violin lessons. I did not sound
very good at all at first, but I improved.
When I was a teenager in high school, I made sure I had music classes every year. Those
were the classes I enjoyed most of all. Everyone loved music, and we had a lot of fun. I
started to take private singing lessons while I was in high school, too. I also sang in the
choir, played in a band and acted in plays in high school. The plays were all musicals, so
I got to sing and dance and enjoy music that way also. It was so much fun pretending to
be other people!
When I finished high school, I went to university to learn how to be a music teacher. That
was a lot of fun because every day I was with other people who loved music as much as I
do. Mostly I played the piano, but I also learned how to play the drums, a saxophone, a
trombone, a French horn, a
clarinet, a flute, which I REALLY was not very good at, and a
viola. I took more singing lessons, too. We did not have plays to sing and act in, but I
sang in the university choir. Some years, I played the piano for other students who were
learning other instruments. One year, I played
duets with another girl who was also there
to play piano. She and I made sure we played fast, funny songs, so we really enjoyed
ourselves doing it.
Now, I am a music teacher. I do not have a lot of students, not as many as I used to have
anyway. I still find it very rewarding. I like to see people who start off not knowing very
much, if anything, and go on to be very good at creating music.
I still love listening to music also. Music makes me happy when I am sad. It makes me
want to dance or sing when I am already happy. Mostly, music just makes me glad that I
am me and that music is alive in me.

choir:
a group of people who sing together for other people to listen to
*He joined a church choir at the age of eight.

Webber had three musicals playing in London at one time. Broadway/West End musical (=one that is performed in New York's or London's important theatres) Carroll appeared in a number of Broadway musicals.

a musical instrument like a long black tube, that you play by blowing into it and pressing keys to change the notes

a piece of music for two singers or players

making you feel happy and satisfied because you feel you are doing something useful or important, even if you do not earn much money
ᅳsee also satisfying, worthwhile
*Teaching can be a very rewarding career.
Another Source

(of an experience or action) worth doing or having; giving satisfaction, but perhaps not much money: Nursing can be a very rewarding career.

...scream...

عضو جدید
کاربر ممتاز
درس 76 Babies

درس 76 Babies

دریافت فایل صوتی

My baby is asleep in my arms. Her soft cheek rests against my chest, while her sweet breath puffs gently on my skin. Her tiny lips are puckered a bit. Her little eyelids flutter.
I wonder what she dreams about as she sleeps. Does she dream? I have heard her whimper in her sleep. Sometimes she awakens with a scream. What is so scary in her little baby dreams? Once I heard her giggle as she slept. Her dreams must have been sweet that day.
I have had three babies. The one I am holding now is my last one. My other babies are grown up more and now at school. I love their childish play and laughter. I miss their baby dimples and their baby sounds and smells.
There is such joy in the birth of a new baby. We hear their first little cry, telling us all is well with their small world. We feel their newborn skin, wrinkled, soft and slightly damp. We feel each little limb and are filled with wonder and humility. Life is good as baby takes its first food from its mother. Family gathers around, each waiting to hold and love this newest member. Each time the baby cries, its mom worries, and their bond becomes stronger.
Babies have their own special smell. Some have described it as “milk and innocence.” It is the sweetest smell on earth, I think. It cannot be copied. Somehow, it disappears as baby grows.
I love to hear my baby talk. Once in a while I can even understand a little bit! She is so serious in her baby talk that I just have to pick her up and hug her. I love to hear her say “Mommy.”
When my baby is tickled, or when the dog or her big brothers do something funny, it is so sweet to hear her baby laugh. It’s such a cute little giggle! Sometimes she laughs so hard, her face turns red, tears come to her eyes, and she falls down weak with the laughter. Those who watch her can’t help but laugh, too. I hope she always laughs so easily.
The parents watch with pride and joy as baby grows and has many “firsts.” There is the first time baby sleeps through the night, rolls over, smiles, laughs, hugs and kisses. Then there is the first tooth, crawling, first step and first word. With each new first, the baby becomes less a baby!
These steps are a little sad to parents, too, because they know they’re “losing their baby.” However, to a mother, even an adult child is still her baby!
My baby is not perfect. Sometimes she gets mad or whines for no reason. But, to me, she is still beautiful. Her smiles more than make up for her tears. Her hugs wipe away when she’s been bad. I intend to cherish each moment with my baby while I can!

...scream...

عضو جدید
کاربر ممتاز
درس 76 Getting Old

درس 76 Getting Old

دریافت فایل صوتی

My grandfather is getting old.
When I was younger, my grandfather would carry me on his shoulders, and we would go for a walk.
Now, my grandfather cannot put me on his shoulders.
He has a hard time walking, and he uses a cane.
My grandfather used to have lots of hair. Now he is bald.
His skin doesn’t look like it used to.
It is more wrinkled.
My grandfather takes more naps than he used to.
He goes to the doctor’s, and he takes pills for his heart.
I love my grandfather very much.
I don’t like the fact that he is getting older, but my mother says that growing older is just a fact of life.
She says that we will all get older.
Sometimes my grandfather forgets things.
My mother says to be patient.
I am patient.
I try to help my grandfather as much as I can.
I sometimes go for walks with him.
I help him to walk when he has trouble.
I cheer him up if I think he might be sad.
I get things for him, and I even read to him at night.
He used to read to me when I was little.
Now his eyesight is bad, and he can’t see very well.
My grandfather tells me stories about when he was a boy.
The world was a very different place then he tells me.
His stories are interesting.
Sometimes I wish we could trade places for a day so that I would know what it felt like to be old.
My grandfather doesn’t complain.
He jokes about his old bones.
I spend a lot of time with my grandfather.
I hope that he is around for a long time.

...scream...

عضو جدید
کاربر ممتاز
درس 77 Time

درس 77 Time

دریافت فایل صوتی

Time is something that you should never waste.
Once an hour is gone, it is gone forever.
You should make the most of every minute.
Time is a funny thing.
Some days go by so slowly.
Those are the days that you do things that aren’t fun.
When you are having fun, time just flies by.
Time is made up of different units.
Seconds turn into minutes.
Minutes turn into hours.
Hours turn into days.
Days turn into weeks.
Weeks turn into months, and months turn into years.
We measure our lives by time.
We are very concerned with time.
Even little children are very conscious of time.
Little children often want to appear older, so if you ask a three-year-old how old he is, he will often say three and a half.
Many of our sayings are based on time.
“Give me a minute.”
“Hold on a second.”
“I’m running out of time.”
“Time’s up.”
“I just want an hour of your time.”
All of these are common things that we say, and they’re all based on time.
We are a society that lives by the clock.
We almost all wear watches, and we glance at our watches a lot.
Time is something that we can’t see, but it is a big factor in our lives.
How many times a day do you look at a watch or a clock?
I bet you’d be surprised at just how many times you do.

...scream...

عضو جدید
کاربر ممتاز
درس 78 Amy

درس 78 Amy

دریافت فایل صوتی

Amy was a girl who came into our classroom.
She had many things wrong with her.
Amy was in a wheelchair, and she couldn’t talk.
She couldn’t make her hands and feet do what she wanted them to do.
We wondered why Amy would even be in our class, because she really couldn’t do much of anything.
Amy had a teaching assistant who had to stay with her all the time.
One day the teaching assistant got called away.
I had to look after Amy.
I was afraid to look after her.
I really didn’t know what to do.
I sat beside Amy, and I smiled at her.
She smiled back at me.
I never realized before that she had such a nice smile.
Amy made a noise.
It seemed like she wanted a crayon that was lying beside her.
I put the crayon into her hand.
She had trouble holding it, but eventually she got the crayon into her hand well enough so that she could make marks on the paper that was on the tray in front of her.
Amy spent a long time making marks on the paper.
She tried so hard to create whatever it was that she was drawing.
She worked for a long time.
I just watched her, and I gave her a lot of credit for not giving up when she obviously had so many problems.
When she was finally done, she picked up the paper with great difficulty.
With a look of pride on her face, she handed me the picture.
It was for me.
I was very touched that she spent all that time drawing something for me.
I thanked Amy and smiled at her.
I told her I loved the picture.
I still have that picture, although I’m not sure what it is a picture of.
I learned a lot from Amy that day.
I saw a brave girl who wouldn’t give up.
Whenever I think my problems are too big to handle, I think of Amy and I remember her smile.

arsenal1400

عضو جدید
کاربر ممتاز
سلام دوستان
سایت دانلود که مشکل داره...در صورت امکان لینک ها رو ویرایش کنید.
ممنون از زحماتتون

Persia1

مدیر تالار زبان انگلیسی
مدیر تالار
سلام دوستان
سایت دانلود که مشکل داره...در صورت امکان لینک ها رو ویرایش کنید.
ممنون از زحماتتون

سلام

بله حق با شماست متاسفانه لینک ها مشکل پیدا کردن

:warn:
یه چند روز صبر می کنیم تا شاید دوباره به حالت اولیه برگرده اگه نشد باید یه فکر دیگه کرد

این قضیه بر می گرده به هاست سایت سلام زبان، که انگار مهلت هاست شون تموم شده یعنی دوباره باید پول بدن و هاست شون رو تمدید کنن

ایشالا که همین طور میشه و فایلا درست میشه

موفق باشید

P O U R I A

مدیر مهندسی شیمی مدیر تالار گفتگوی آزاد
مدیر تالار
مرسی از همه دوستان خوبم ... من امروز از سطح یکش شروع کردم ... ببینیم چطور میشه ...:gol:

مهربان 1392

عضو جدید
سلام دوستان عزیز

من روی download کلیک میکنم
پس چرا دانلود نمیشه و به صورت زنده فایل صوتی اجرا میشه؟؟؟؟؟؟؟

P O U R I A

مدیر مهندسی شیمی مدیر تالار گفتگوی آزاد
مدیر تالار
سلام دوستان عزیز

من روی download کلیک میکنم
پس چرا دانلود نمیشه و به صورت زنده فایل صوتی اجرا میشه؟؟؟؟؟؟؟

خب مشکل از دانلود منجر شما هست ... شما می تونید لینک اون صفحه رو در دانلود منجر خودتون وارد کنید تا دانلود بشه ...

برای اینکه دیگه اینطوری نباشه فرمت این فایل های صوتی رو تو فرمت های دانلودی دانلود منجر وارد کنید تا بطور خودکار خودش دانلود کنه ...

Sima

مدیر تالار مهندسی هسته ای همکار مدیر تالار زبان
مدیر تالار
کاربر ممتاز
آموزش مکالمه

آموزش مکالمه

[h=1]Inviting a Friend to a Birthday Party 1[/h]

اشاره: نمونه مکالمه در مورد دعوت کردن دوست به مهمانی به همراه فایل صوتی

A: Hey, Robert, what are you doing this weekend?
B: I didn't have any big plans.
A: We are putting together a birthday party for Mary.
B: That sounds like fun. Where will it be?
A: We thought it would be fun to have a pool party at Jay's house.
B: Oh good! Can I bring anything?
A: We will be providing hot dogs, hamburgers, and cake, but people can bring side dishes.
B: I am assuming that the dress is casual.
A: Dress casually and bring your bathing suit!
B: Wonderful. Just e-mail me the time and date and I'll be there.
Download: inviting friend party 1.MP3
Size: 239 kb​

sadra94

عضو جدید
خیلی عالی است و جای تشکر فراوان داره و اگر متن های طولانی تر هم می گذا شتید برای افرادی که کمی بیشتر تسلط دارند خیلی بهتر بود. با سپاس صدرا

bahar201382

عضو جدید
موافقم. منم تجربه خوبی از یادگیری زبان با شنیدن دارم .شنیدن و عادت دادن گوش به انگلیسی یا هر زبان دیگه ای خیلی روش موثریه. مثل همون روشی که زبان مادریمون رو یاد گرفتیم

bahar201382

عضو جدید
من برای تقویت زبانم از سخنرانی های کوتاه تد استفاده می کنم . و بعد از چند بار شنیدن متن انگلیسی و فارسی سخنرانی رو هم میخونم. چون موضوع سخنرانی ها کاربردی و جذابن یادگیری به این روش اصلا برام خسته کننده نیست و تا حالا که از این روش راضی بودم

sadra94

عضو جدید
من نیز از کلیپ های یو تیوپ در زمینه های مختلف و هم با زیر نویس و یا بدون آن استفاده میکنم . به نظر من تسلط بر فهم گفتار یک زبان از سایر بخشهای آن خیلی مهم تر و البته مشگل تر هست و از هر طریقی بایستی هر چه بیشتر گوش کنیم اما هیچ طریقی بهتر و زود باز ده تر از بودن در محیط و بین مردم جامعه هدف نیست. چون در اونجا علاقه و اجبار دست به دست هم می دهند و زمان یاد گیری خیلی کوتاه خواهد شد.

sadra94

عضو جدید
من برای تقویت زبانم از سخنرانی های کوتاه تد استفاده می کنم . و بعد از چند بار شنیدن متن انگلیسی و فارسی سخنرانی رو هم میخونم. چون موضوع سخنرانی ها کاربردی و جذابن یادگیری به این روش اصلا برام خسته کننده نیست و تا حالا که از این روش راضی بودم
سلام
مر سی که این قسمت سخنرانی ها را معرفی کردی خیلی خوبه . منم این لینک را می دم خودم تا شماره 80 را گوش دادم خیلی جالبه امیدوارم بپسند ید
learning english by misterduncan

salehim

عضو جدید
سلام و عصر بخیر مدتیه که نمی تونستم وارد سایت ها بشم مشغول بودم بهر حال لطف کردید و یاد اوری کردید

بالا