همچنین تمرینات مربوط به هر درس نیز آورده شده

موفق باشید

Persia1

مدیر تالار زبان انگلیسی
مدیر تالار
Space shuttle's final mission

Space shuttle's final mission

متن خبر، کلمه های تازه و تمرین نیز در زیر آمده است: [h=2]متن خبر[/h]
The US space shuttle Atlantis will blast off for the last time on Friday 8 July ending NASA's 30-year programme.
Four crew members will be dropping off a year's worth of supplies at the International Space Station. They'll be in orbit for 12-days and travel 6.5 million kilometres during the sortie.​
In total, 355 astronauts will have flown on the shuttle since the inaugural mission in 1981.​

[h=2]متن خبر به فارسی[/h]
شاتل فضایی آمریکا، آتلانتیس، برای آخرین بار، روز جمعه 8 ژوئیه پرتاب خواهد شد و به برنامه 30 ساله ناسا پایان خواهد داد.

چهار تن از خدمه، مواد ضروری برای یک سال استفاده را در ایستگاه فضایی بین المللی تحویل خواهند داد.

آنها در این ماموریت پروازی به مدت 12 روز در مدار خواهند بود و 6 و نیم میلیون کیلومتر سفر خواهند کرد.

در مجموع، از زمان ماموریت آغازین در سال 1981، 355 فضانورد با شاتل پرواز کرده اند.

[h=2]کلمه های تازه[/h]
blast off
پرتاب شدن
dropping off
تحویل دادن
in orbit
در مدار
sortie
مأموریت پروازی
inaugural
آغازین

[h=2]تمرین[/h]
با کلمه مناسب از فهرست زیر، جمله ها را کامل کنید.

توجه: برای کامل کردن جمله ها ممکن است لازم باشد شکل کلمه ها را تغییر دهید.

blast off / dropping off / in orbit / sortie / inaugural
1:
Their work will ensure the good "housekeeping" of the satellites, including the maintenance and correct positioning of the spacecraft __________ .​
2:
Speaking at an event in Dakar, Senegal, Luc Gnacadja - a UN desertification expert - said the ___________ Africa Drylands Week had ended with a very simple, yet stark, message.​
3:
Mr Tito ___________ on 28 April 2001, but only after a struggle to get anyone to take him - the US space agency Nasa refused on the grounds that he was not a trained astronaut, so it was the Russians who facilitated the trip.​
4:
A recycling barn will also be set up for festival goers to _______ cans, bottles and packaging.​
5:
Nato says it has carried out over six thousand __________ over Libya since the bombing campaign began nearly two months ago.​

[h=2]پاسخ ها[/h]

1:
Their work will ensure the good "housekeeping" of the satellites, including the maintenance and correct positioning of the spacecraft in orbit.​

2:
Speaking at an event in Dakar, Senegal, Luc Gnacadja - a UN desertification expert - said the inaugural Africa Drylands Week had ended with a very simple, yet stark, message.​

3:
Mr Tito blasted off on 28 April 2001, but only after a struggle to get anyone to take him - the US space agency NASA refused on the grounds that he was not a trained astronaut, so it was the Russians who facilitated the trip.​

4:
A recycling barn will also be set up for festival goers to drop off cans, bottles and packaging.

5:
Sentence: Nato says it has carried out over six thousand sorties over Libya since the bombing campaign began nearly two months ago.​

پیوست ها

• vwitn_persian_shuttle.zip
    599 کیلوبایت · بازدیدها: 0

Persia1

مدیر تالار زبان انگلیسی
مدیر تالار
First child of an infant nation

First child of an infant nation

[h=2]متن خبر[/h]

First the birth of a nation and then the arrival of its first citizen.​
The weekend saw South Sudan usher in independence after decades of civil war.​
As revellers were marking the newborn country’s secession from the north, Josephine Alphanes gave birth to her son, who she named Independence.​
Nurses and midwives joined in the celebrations.

ابتدا، تولد یک کشور؛ و سپس ورود اولین شهروند.

آخر هفته شاهد بود که سودان جنوبی بعد از دهه ها جنگ داخلی، استقلال را آغاز کرد.

در حالی که افراد شادمانی کنندگان تجزیه کشور تازه مستقل از شمال را جشن می گرفتند، ژوزفین الفانس پسر خود را به دنیا آورد و نام او را استقلال گذاشت.

پرستارها و ماماها به جشن ها پیوستند.

[h=2]کلمه های تازه[/h]
usher in
آغازکردن
revellers
شادمانی کنندگان
secession
تجزیه
gave birth to
به دنیا آورد
midwives
ماماها

[h=2]تمرین[/h]

usher in / revellers / secession / gave birth to / midwives
1.​
Beyonce and Coldplay are among the acts taking to the stage at day two of Scotland's largest music festival. Organisers expect about 85,000 ______________ a day at T in the Park at Balado, near Kinross.​
2.​
The Democratic League of Kosovo and the Alliance for the Future of Kosovo boycotted February's vote. They cited Mr Pacolli's history of ties to Russia, which opposed Kosovo's 2008 ______________ from Serbia.​
3.​
A hospital maternity unit in County Durham is to temporarily shut because of a shortage of ______________.​
4.​
It may take protesters and reformers years to achieve their aims, and even when free and fair elections do take place, there is no guarantee they will automatically _____________ better government.​
5.​
Kate Hudson has _________________ a boy with fiancé and Muse frontman Matt Bellamy.

[h=2]پاسخ ها[/h]

1.​
Beyonce and Coldplay are among the acts taking to the stage at day two of Scotland's largest music festival. Organisers expect about 85,000 revellers a day at T in the Park at Balado, near Kinross.​

2.​
The Democratic League of Kosovo and the Alliance for the Future of Kosovo boycotted February's vote. They cited Mr Pacolli's history of ties to Russia, which opposed Kosovo's 2008 secession from Serbia.​

3.​
A hospital maternity unit in County Durham is to temporarily shut because of a shortage of midwives.​

4.​
It may take protesters and reformers years to achieve their aims, and even when free and fair elections do take place, there is no guarantee they will automatically usher in better government.​

5.​
Kate Hudson has given birth to a boy with fiancé and Muse frontman Matt Bellamy.​

پیوست ها

• First child of an infant nation.zip
    2.7 مگایابت · بازدیدها: 0

Persia1

مدیر تالار زبان انگلیسی
مدیر تالار
Hong Kong's hive of industry

Hong Kong's hive of industry

[h=2]متن خبر[/h]
It may be a concrete jungle but Hong Kong has more similarities with the great outdoors than you might think.
14 storeys up a skyscraper, you can find one of 11 urban beehives around the city.​
Like many conurbations, Hong Kong has enough flora for bees to pollinate and harvest nectar from.​
Following Chinese tradition beekeepers in Hong Kong don’t wear any protective gear.

هنگ کنگ ممکن است مانند یک جنگل بتنی باشد، ولی بیش از آنچه تصور می کنید با فضاهای خارج از شهر، شباهت دارد.
در طبقه چهاردهم یک آسمانخراش شما می توانید یکی از یازده کندوی عسل شهری را که گوشه و کنار این شهر وجود دارد بیابید.
مانند بسیاری از منظومه های شهری، هنگ کنگ از فضای سبز کافی برای زنبورهای عسل برخوردار است تا با نشستن روی گل ها و انتقال گرده آنها را بارور کنند و از آنها شهد برداشت کنند.
طبق یک سنت چینی، پرورش دهندگان زنبور در هنگ کنگ از پوشش های محافط (هنگام تماس با زنبور) استفاده نمی کنند.

[h=2]کلمه های تازه[/h]
concrete jungle
جنگل بتونی
storeys
طبقه ها
beehives
کندوهای عسل
conurbations
منظومه شهری
to pollinate
بارور کردن با انتقال گرده

[h=2]تمرین[/h]

concrete jungle / storeys / beehives / conurbations / to pollinate
The biggest city close to the epicentre is Concepcion, which forms part of the second largest ______________________ in the country with a population of about one million.​
The Magnolia genus is an ancient group of more than 100 plants, and is considered to be among the first flowering plants to have evolved.​
Their arrival on the planet pre-dated the emergence of bees, so the early species of magnolia were believed to have been __________________ by beetles.​
A toddler who fell 10 ________________ and survived after being caught by a passer-by has been making headlines around the world. But what is the best way to catch a falling child?​
In popular culture, New York is the city that never sleeps, the ____________________ in which dreams are made, a place to walk on the wild side.​
A Toronto museum is investigating the sudden death of thousands of bees in a glass-enclosed ___________________ exhibit.

[h=2]پاسخ ها[/h]

The biggest city close to the epicentre is Concepcion, which forms part of the second largest conurbation in the country with a population of about one million.​

The Magnolia genus is an ancient group of more than 100 plants, and is considered to be among the first flowering plants to have evolved.​
Their arrival on the planet pre-dated the emergence of bees, so the early species of magnolia were believed to have been pollinated by beetles.​

A toddler who fell 10 storeys and survived after being caught by a passer-by has been making headlines around the world. But what is the best way to catch a falling child?

In popular culture, New York is the city that never sleeps, the concrete jungle in which dreams are made, a place to walk on the wild side.​

A Toronto museum is investigating the sudden death of thousands of bees in a glass-enclosed beehive exhibit.​

پیوست ها

• Hong Kong's hive of industry.zip
    3.6 مگایابت · بازدیدها: 0

Persia1

مدیر تالار زبان انگلیسی
مدیر تالار
African ivory up in smoke

African ivory up in smoke

[h=2]متن خبر[/h]

5 tonnes of contraband ivory has been torched in a ceremony in Kenya.​
It was seized in Singapore nearly 10 years ago and traced back to Africa by DNA tests.​
Its destruction follows an agreement in May by Malawi, Tanzania and Kenya to fight poaching.
Some 335 tusks and more than 40,000 ivory carvings, together worth 16 million dollars, went up in smoke.​

5 تن عاج قاچاق در مراسمی در کنیا سوزانده شد
این عاج ها حدود 10 سال پیش در سنگاپور توقیف شدند و از روی آزمایش های دی ان ای تا آفریقا ردیابی شدند
نابودکردن عاج ها در پی توافقی در ماه مه از سوی مالاوی، تانزانیا و کنیا جهت مبارزه با شکار غیرمجاز صورت گرفت.
حدود 335 عاج فیل و بیش از 40هزار حکاکی روی عاج به ارزش 16 میلیون دلار به هوا دود شد.

[h=2]کلمه های تازه[/h]
contraband
غیرمجاز- قاچاق
torched
سوزانده شد
seized
توقیف شد- ضبط شد
traced
ردیابی شد
poaching
شکار غیرمجاز

[h=2]تمرین[/h]

contraband / torched / seized / traced / poaching
Motorists who refuse to pay their court fines could have their vehicles ______________ or clamped under new proposals.​
"Drug traffickers are always trying novel ways to conceal their ______________," ICE agent Claude Arnold said. "But cocaine camouflaged as Easter candy is one of the more unusual tactics we've come across."​
For example, many modern environmental problems can be ______________ to 19th Century attitudes towards nature, Ms Perry said.​
Rhino populations in Africa are facing the "worst ______________ crisis for decades," say conservationists. Over the past three years, gangs are said to have killed more than 800 rhinos for their horns …​
Police say about 10 vehicles were ________________ in Dhaka in overnight violence, with at least eight people being given jail sentences by mobile courts on charges of damaging public property.

[h=2]پاسخ ها[/h]

Motorists who refuse to pay their court fines could have their vehicles seized or clamped under new proposals.​

"Drug traffickers are always trying novel ways to conceal their contraband," ICE agent Claude Arnold said. "But cocaine camouflaged as Easter candy is one of the more unusual tactics we've come across."​

For example, many modern environmental problems can be traced to 19th Century attitudes towards nature, Ms Perry said.​

Rhino populations in Africa are facing the "worst poaching crisis for decades," say conservationists. Over the past three years, gangs are said to have killed more than 800 rhinos for their horns …​

Police say about 10 vehicles were torched in Dhaka in overnight violence, with at least eight people being given jail sentences by mobile courts on charges of damaging public property.​

پیوست ها

• African ivory up in smoke.zip
    3.8 مگایابت · بازدیدها: 0

Persia1

مدیر تالار زبان انگلیسی
مدیر تالار
Talking Sport - 1

Talking Sport - 1

[h=2]متن برنامه[/h]
Presenter
Hi I'm Natalie and welcome to Talking Sport.​
In this series you will hear sporting stories and learn some English.​
It is only one year until the London 2012 Olympics!​
And the world’s fastest man will be competing in the 100 metres.​
Usain Bolt from Jamaica holds the world record with a time of 9.58 seconds.​
So, let's hear from the 'running man' Usain Bolt.​
Listen out for what his dream is for the London 2012 Olympics.​
Clip​
I'm Usain Bolt from Jamaica and my dream at the London 2012 Olympics is to defend my titles successfully.​
Presenter​
Watch the clip again.​
Clip​
I'm Usain Bolt from Jamaica and my dream at the London 2012 Olympics is to defend my titles successfully.​
On screen​
Presenter​
My dream is to defend my titles successfully.​
Usain Bolt talked about his dream. Let's listen to people in London talking about their dreams.​
Vox pops​
My dream is to be a photographer.​
My dream is to travel around the world.​
My dream is to work in Australia.​
On screen​
My dream is…​
Presenter​
I'm Natalie and that’s all from Talking Sport.​
Why not try out this week’s worksheet for some extra learning?​
See you next time.​

[h=2]امیدها، رویاها و آرزوها[/h]

In the video Usain talked about his dream:​
"My dream at the London Olympics is to defend my titles successfully."
But we can also use other words to talk about plans for the future:​
hope, ambition and aspiration.​
Hope: My hope is to become a doctor.​
Often when talking about life plans you can use the word ambition.​
Ambition: My ambition is to own my own business.​
A more formal word you can use is aspire:​
Aspiration: I aspire to be a famous actor.​

[h=2]چند مثال و تمرین[/h]

In the video Usain talked about his dream:​
"My dream at the London Olympics is to defend my titles successfully."
Below are some expressions which use the word dream.
a pipedream: an idea or plan that probably won't happen​
a dreamworld: an imagined world​
a dream team: a group of people who are the perfect mix​
a daydream: a series of pleasant thoughts, especially about things​
that you would like to happen.​
Now complete the sentences with the correct expression.
1. Claire hasn't been studying for her exam. If she thinks she is going to pass,​
she is living in a ________.​
2. I picked out my ________ from all the football players in the World Cup.​
3. I had a great ________. I imagined I was lying on a beach in the sunshine.​
4. I want to be a famous actress, but it is never going to happen. It is nothing​
more than a ________.​

[h=2]پاسخ ها[/h]

Dream expressions

1. Claire hasn't been studying for her exam. If she thinks she is going to pass,
she is living in a dreamworld.​
2. I picked out my dream teamfrom all the football players in the World Cup.​
3. I had a great daydream. I imagined I was lying on a beach in the sunshine.​
4. I want to be a famous actress, but it is never going to happen. It is nothing​
more than a pipedream.​

پیوست ها

• Talking Sport - 1.zip
    7.9 مگایابت · بازدیدها: 0

Persia1

مدیر تالار زبان انگلیسی
مدیر تالار
Talking Sport - 2

Talking Sport - 2

[h=2]متن برنامه[/h]
Presenter
Presenter
Basketball's top stars play in the American Basketball league.​
But at the Olympics they can play for their own country.​
Luol Deng is playing for Britain in Team GB at the London 2012 Olympics.​
Let's hear from Luol.​
Listen out for two expressions that Luol uses to mean he is excited about the Olympics.

Clip

This is Luol Deng of the Chicago Bulls and Team GB. I'm so excited for the 2012 Olympics. Playing in the Olympics is every athlete’s dream, every athlete growing up it’s something that they want to do and for the Olympics to be in my home town it just doesn’t get any bigger than that. So 2012 London I'll be there and I can't wait.​
Presenter
Watch the clip again.​
Clip subtitled with I'm so excited and I can't wait bolded​
This is Luol Deng of the Chicago Bulls and Team GB. I'm so excited for the 2012 Olympics. Playing in the Olympics is every athlete's dream, every athlete growing up it’s something that they want to do and for the Olympics to be in my home town it just doesn’t get any bigger than that. So 2012 London I'll be there and I can't wait!​

On screen

لول دنگ از دو عبارت برای نشان دادن هیجانش استفاده کرد:

Presenter
I'm so excited!
On screen

I'm so excited یعنی من خیلی هیجان زده هستم.
Presenter
I'm so excited for the 2012 Olympics
I can't wait!
On screen
I can't wait یعنی نمی توانم منتظر بمانم.
Presenter
London I'll be there and I can't wait!

Well Luol is excited about the London 2012 Olympics but let's hear what some people in London are excited about.
Vox pops

I'm going on holiday soon and I can't wait!
I starting a new job soon and I'm really excited!
I'm going to the London Eye this afternoon and I'm so excited!
On screen

I can't wait!
I'm really excited!
I'm so excited!
Presenter
I'm Natalie and that’s all from Talking sport.
Why not try out this week’s worksheet for some extra learning?
See you next time.

[h=2]صفت های ساخته شده با ing و ed-[/h]
In the video Luol said he was 'soexcited' – he used the –ed adjective.
"I'm so excited for the 2012 Olympics."
To talk about how we feel about someone or something we can use the –ed adjective.​
Example: He was so excited that he couldn't sleep last night.​
To talk about how someone or something made us feel we can use the –ing adjective.​
Example: That film was very exciting.​
Now complete the sentences with the correct form of the adjective.
1. The speech that my boss made was very ________. (surprised / surprising)​
2. I am very ________ in science. (interested / interesting)​
3. He has had a long day. He is very ________. (tired / tiring)​
4. Horse riding is a very ________ sport. (excited / exciting)

[h=2]صفت های تفضیلی (comparative adjective) و چند مثال و تمرین[/h]

In the video Luol used the comparative adjective bigger.​
"… for the Olympics to be in my hometown it just doesn’t get any bigger than that"
One way to compare two things is to add –er to the adjective.​
Example: This shop is cheaper than the big supermarket down the road.​
Exceptions​
If the adjective ends in –y we usually change this to –ier.​
Example: This towel is drier than the one in the bathroom.​
If the adjective is very short we sometimes double the last consonant and then add –er.​
Example: Sally is bigger than Claire.​
If the adjective is long we add the word 'more' before the adjective.​
Example: Is your watch more expensive than Phil's one?​
Now complete the sentences with the correct form of the comparative adjective.
1. A mouse is much ________ than a cat. (small)​
2. The weather is ________ in Spain than it is in the UK. (hot)​
3. I am not interested in football. I am ________ in athletics. (interested)​
4. This street is much ________ than it was yesterday. (busy)​

[h=2]پاسخ ها[/h]

a) –ed and –ing adjectives
1. The speech that the Prime minister made was very surprising.​
2. I am very interested in science.
3. He has had a long day. He is very tired.​
4. Horse riding is a very exciting sport.​
b) Comparative adjectives
1. A mouse is much smaller than a cat. (small)​
2. The weather is hotter in Spain than it is in the UK. (hot)​
3. I am not interested in football. I am more interested in athletics. (interested)​
4. This road is much busier than it was yesterday. (busy)​

پیوست ها

• Talking Sport - 2.zip

Persia1

مدیر تالار زبان انگلیسی
مدیر تالار
Talking Sport - 3

Talking Sport - 3

متن برنامه

Presenter
In gymnastics, China, Russia and the USA were the biggest medal winners at the last Olympics.​
Shawn Johnson from America won a gold medal and three silver medals.​
And she is hoping to compete again in the London 2012 Olympics!​
Let's hear what Shawn is looking forward to.​
Listen for the word 'experience' and the word 'opportunity'.​
Clip
I am most looking forward to just the whole Olympic experience again. Walking into the Olympic village and being surrounded by the world's best athletes and getting the opportunity to compete with them, so I hope I get that opportunity again.​
Presenter
Watch the clip again​
Clip subtitled​
I am most looking forward to just the whole Olympic experience again. Walking into the Olympic village and being surrounded by the world's best athletes and getting the opportunity to compete with them, so I hope I get that opportunity again.​
Presenter
an experience​
On screen
an experience​
یک تجربه​
Presenter
I am looking forward to just the whole Olympic experience again.​
an opportunity​
On screen
an opportunity​
فرصت​
Presenter
… getting the opportunity to compete with them​
… I hope I get that opportunity again​
Let's hear from people in London. Listen to how they use the word 'experience' and the word 'opportunity'.​
Vox pops
This trip to London is an experience I will never forget.​
Visiting London has been a great opportunity to see a new culture.​
A great opportunity for me has been working in London.​
On screen
… is an experience I will never forget​
… has been a great opportunity​
a great opportunity for me has been…​
Presenter
Why not try out this week’s worksheet for some extra learning?​
See you next time.​

اسم ها و فعل ها

In the video Shawn used the word experience.​
"I am most looking forward to just the whole Olympic experience again."
The word experience can be used both as a noun and as a verb.​
Noun:​
Example: I had an awful experience at the dentist’s.​
Verb:​
Example: Alan is experiencing some difficulties at work.​
The word practice can also be a noun or a verb, but when it is used as a verb the spelling changes.​
Noun: Practice​
Example: He is always at football practice!​
Verb: Practise​
Example: I practise playing the piano every day.​
Now complete the sentences with the correct word - practise or practice?
1. It seemed like a good plan but in ________ is was an awful idea.​
2. I need to ________ my English.​
3. I love hockey ________. It is a great way to meet new people.​

اصطلاح ها درباره "فرصت"

In the video Shawn talked about 'opportunity' meaning a chance to do something.​
Here are some phrases containing the word chance.
Fat chance = Something not likely to happen​
Given half the chance = Would do something if given the opportunity​
Chance your arm = Take a risk in order to get what you want.​
A fifty–fifty chance = There is an equal chance of something happening or not.​
Now complete the sentences with the correct phrase.
1. I am going to own a really big house by the end of next year!​
You don't have a job, ________________ of that happening.​
2. He is really ________________ asking for a pay rise.​
3. There's only ________________ that Sarah can make it home for my​
birthday.​
4. I would stop work ________________.​

پاسخ ها

اسم ها و فعل ها

1. It seemed like a good plan but in practice is was an awful idea.​
2. I need to practise my English.​
3. I love hockey practice. It is a great way to meet new people.​
4. To be the best in your sport you need to practise every day.​

اصطلاح ها درباره فرصت

1. I am going to own a really big house by the end of next year!​
You don't have a job, fat chance of that happening.​
2. He is really chancing his arm asking for a pay rise.​
3. There's only a fifty-fifty chance that Sarah can make it home for my​
birthday.​
4. I would stop work given half the chance.

پیوست ها

• Talking Sport - 3.zip
    3.2 مگایابت · بازدیدها: 0

Persia1

مدیر تالار زبان انگلیسی
مدیر تالار
South Korea's internet addicts

South Korea's internet addicts

متن خبر

Internet addiction in South Korea's got so bad the government's banned teens from going online after midnight.
Web junkies have been going without food, drink and sleep for days because they're hooked on computer games.​
The authorities have been hedging their bets by putting money into a variety of solutions.
One scheme monitors people's brainwaves, while another tries to get youngsters involved in more traditional forms of entertainment.

متن خبر به فارسی

اعتیاد به اینترنت در کره جنوبی به اندازه ای بد شد است که دولت، نوجوانان را از آنلاین شدن بعد از نیمه شب منع کرده است.
معتادان شبکه تا چندین روز بدون غذا، نوشیدنی و خواب سر می کرده اند چرا که درگیر بازی های کامپیوتری بوده اند.
مقام های رسمی با صرف پول در جهت راه حل های مختلف، در حال انجام اقدامات احتیاطی بوده اند.
یکی از این برنامه ها تحت نظر گرفتن موج های مغزی افراد است، این در حالی است که راه دیگر، تلاش می کند که جوانان را با شکل های سنتی تر سرگرمی ، مشغول کند.

کلمه های تازه

addiction
اعتیاد
junkies
معتادها
hooked on
درگیر، گرفتار، مشغول
hedging their bets
اقدام احتیاطی کردند
brainwaves
امواج مغزی

تمرین

addiction / junkies / to be hooked on (something) / to hedge your bets / brainwaves

On my last visit to the city, Kandaharis spoke of their constant fear of attack, by either Taliban or US led forces. They ____________________, backing both sides until it was clear who would prevail.​
Scientists believe they are a step closer to being able to read people's minds after decoding human _________________ .​
The death of Amy Winehouse has once again highlighted the danger of drink and drug _______________ .​
There were claims that the damage had been caused by a hard-core of violent protest ________________ who had deliberately come for trouble.
He became _________________ the tournament after watching Bjorn Borg play in 1977, and has returned every year since, seeing all the greats of the game.​

پاسخ ها

On my last visit to the city, Kandaharis spoke of their constant fear of attack, by either Taliban or US led forces. They hedged their bets, backing both sides until it was clear who would prevail.

Scientists believe they are a step closer to being able to read people's minds after decoding human brainwaves.​

The death of Amy Winehouse has once again highlighted the danger of drink and drug addiction.​

There were claims that the damage had been caused by a hard-core of violent protest junkies who had deliberately come for trouble.​

He became hooked on the tournament after watching Bjorn Borg play in 1977, and has returned every year since, seeing all the greats of the game.​

پیوست ها

• South Korea's internet addicts.zip

Persia1

مدیر تالار زبان انگلیسی
مدیر تالار
Indonesian track treatment

Indonesian track treatment

متن خبر

People suffering from various ailments in Indonesia's capital Jakarta have been using an unusual and potentially deadly therapy.
They claim lying on train tracks allows an electric current to pass through their bodies curing a variety of illnesses.​
The trains are in fact powered by overhead lines.​
Despite this, and the obvious dangers, some people believe it is the best and most affordable remedy.

متن خبر به فارسی

مردمی که در پایتخت اندونزی، جاکارتا، از بیماری های مختلف رنج می برند از یک شیوه درمانی بالقوه خطرناک استفاده می کرده اند.
آنها ادعا می کنند که درازکشیدن روی ریل های قطار اجازه می دهد که یک جریان الکتریکی از میان بدنشان عبور کند و انواع بیماری ها را شفا بدهد.
قطارها در واقع نیروی خود را از سیم های برق بالای خود می گیرند.
با وجود این، و وجود خطرهای آشکار، برخی افراد بر این باورند که این بهترین و کم هزینه ترین راه مداواست

کلمه های تازه

ailments
بیماری ها
therapy
درمان
claim
ادعا کردن
curing
شفا دادن، بهبود بخشیدن
remedy
معالجه، درمان

تمرین

ailments / therapy / claim / curing / remedy
They _________ to be a variety of different nationalities and speak English with a foreign accent.​
New European Union rules have come into force banning hundreds of traditional herbal _______________.​
The EU law aims to protect consumers from possible damaging side-effects of over-the-counter herbal medicines.​
It also showed that many chose the wrong drugs to tackle common _________.​
Music __________ can be used to improve treatment of depression, at least in the short term, say researchers in Finland.​
Church-appointed doctors agreed that there was no medical explanation for the _______ of the nun.​

پاسخ ها

They claimed to be a variety of different nationalities and speak English with a foreign accent.​

New European Union rules have come into force banning hundreds of traditional herbal remedies.​
The EU law aims to protect consumers from possible damaging side-effects of over-the-counter herbal medicines.​

It also showed that many chose the wrong drugs to tackle common ailments.​

Music therapy can be used to improve treatment of depression, at least in the short term, say researchers in Finland.​

Church-appointed doctors agreed that there was no medical explanation for the curing of the nun.​

پیوست ها

• Indonesian track treatment.zip
    3.5 مگایابت · بازدیدها: 0

Persia1

مدیر تالار زبان انگلیسی
مدیر تالار
Underwater volcano

Underwater volcano

[h=2]متن خبر[/h]
Shimmering hot water seen coming out of an undersea volcano off the coast of Oregon.
During a routine visit to the area last month, researchers found lava coming out of a vent that was formed on the seafloor.​
Scientists who have been studying it for over a decade predicted that it would erupt before the year 2014.​
According to them it's the first successful forecast of an underwater eruption.

مشاهده شده است که از آتشفشانی در زیر آب در ساحل اورگون، آب داغ مواج و درخشان بیرون می زند
در طول یک بازدید مرتب از این منطقه در ماه گذشته، محققان، گدازه هایی را پیدا کرده اند که از یک دریچه که در کف دریا شکل گرفته بود خارج شده اند
دانشمندانی که آن را برای مدت یک دهه بررسی کرده اند پیش بینی کرده اند که قبل از سال 2014 فوران خواهد کرد
به گفته آنها این نخستین پیش بینی موفق از یک فوران زیر دریا خواهد بود

[h=2]کلمه های تازه[/h]
Shimmering
مواج و درخشان
lava
گدازه های آتشفشان
a vent
‌دریچه
erupt
فوران
forecast
پیش بینی

[h=2]تمرین[/h]

shimmering / lava / a vent / erupt / forecast
What are believed to be the world's deepest undersea volcanic _________________ have been discovered in the Caribbean.​
The _______________, known as black smokers, were located 5,000m (3.1 miles) down in the Cayman Trough.​
Mr Osborne's speech came a day after the Bank of England cut its growth ____________ for the UK for 2011 from 1.8% to 1.5%, warning that "the headwinds are growing stronger by the day".​
The southern white rhinos here, at first appearing like boulders on the ____________________ horizon of the African bush, were until recently a conservation success story.​
A chain of volcanoes has _________ in southern Chile, sending a column of smoke and ash high into the air.​
Europe's biggest active volcano, Mount Etna, is putting on a spectacular show as it continues to spew _______________.

[h=2]پاسخ ها[/h]

What are believed to be the world's deepest undersea volcanic vents have been discovered in the Caribbean.​
The vents, known as black smokers, were located 5,000m (3.1 miles) down in the Cayman Trough.​

Mr Osborne's speech came a day after the Bank of England cut its growth forecast for the UK for 2011 from 1.8% to 1.5%, warning that "the headwinds are growing stronger by the day".​

The southern white rhinos here, at first appearing like boulders on the shimmering horizon of the African bush, were until recently a conservation success story.​

A chain of volcanoes has erupted in southern Chile, sending a column of smoke and ash high into the air.​

Europe's biggest active volcano, Mount Etna, is putting on a spectacular show as it continues to spew lava.​

پیوست ها

• Underwater volcano.zip
    3.8 مگایابت · بازدیدها: 0

Persia1

مدیر تالار زبان انگلیسی
مدیر تالار
Talking Sport - 4

Talking Sport - 4

[h=2]متن برنامه[/h]

Presenter

In the last Olympics Jamaica won a lot of the sprint events.​
But Merlin Diamond from Namibia wants to change that.​
Merlin is hoping to compete in the 100m and 200m sprints, and she usually spends 4 to 5 hours training every day.​
Let's hear from Merlin.​
Listen out for the word 'concentrate' and the phrase 'get to the top'.

Clip​
I don't actually have much time for myself, or there is no time for myself. I just have to concentrate on what you want to do. So my thing is to run to get to the top. So that is what I am going to do, practise.​
Presenter​
Watch the clip again.

Clip
I don't actually have much time for myself, or there is no time for myself. I just have to concentrate on what you want to do. So my thing is to run to get to the top. So that is what I am going to do, practise.

Presenter​
concentrate​
On screen​
concentrate​
تمرکز کردن​
Presenter​

you have to concentrate on what you want to do​
get to the top​
On screen​

get to the top
برنده شدن، به بالاترین نقطه رسیدن

Presenter

…my aim is to run to get to the top
Let's hear from some people in London. Listen to how they use the phrase 'get to the top'.​
Vox pops​
To get to the top in my career I need to work really hard.​
I think you need a lot of luck to get to the top.​
I think to get to the top you need to work hard and chase your dreams.​
On screen​
To get to the top in my career I need…​
I think you need a lot of luck to get to the top.​
I think to get to the top you need to…​
Presenter​
I'll see you next time.​

[h=2]اصطلاح ها درباره "زمان"[/h]

In the video Merlin talked about time:
"I don't have much time for myself, or there is no time for myself."
Below are some expressions using the word 'time'.
take your time: you have a lot of time to do something​
from time to time: sometimes​
all the time: very often​
time flies: time goes past very quickly​
1. I love that restaurant! We go there ______________, at least once a week.​
2. I'm not in a hurry. You can ______________.​
3. A: I really enjoy going to the beach. Do you go a lot?​
B: Not that often, only ______________.​
4. I can't believe I am going to be 40 next month! How ______________!

[h=2]عبارت های حاوی "Top"[/h]

In the video Merlin used the phrase 'get to the top'.​
Below are some more phrases with the word 'top'.
from the top: from the beginning​
over the top: more extreme than is needed​
blow your top: to get very angry​
on top of the world: to be very happy​
1. If the teacher finds out you have not been in class he will _____________.​
2. They spent a lot of money on their daughter's wedding. It was completely _____________.​
3. Life is going really well at the moment. I feel _____________.​
4. Let's practise the song again _____________.

[h=2]پاسخ ها[/h]
اصطلاح ها درباره "زمان"

1. I love that restaurant! We go there all the time, at least once a week.
2. I'm not in a hurry. You can take your time.​
3. A: I really enjoy going to the beach. Do you go a lot?​
B: Not that often, only from time to time.​
4. I can't believe I am going to be 40 next month! How time flies!​

عبارت های حاوی ' top'

1. If the teacher finds out you have not been in class he will blow his top.​
2. They spent a lot of money on their daughter's wedding. It was completely over the top.​
3. Life is going really well at the moment. I feel on top of the world. 4. Let's practise the song again from the top​

پیوست ها

• Talking Sport - 4.zip
    3.1 مگایابت · بازدیدها: 0

Persia1

مدیر تالار زبان انگلیسی
مدیر تالار
Talking Sport - 5

Talking Sport - 5

[h=2]متن برنامه[/h]

Presenter
Today we are talking about rugby.​
The 2011 Rugby Union World Cup will be taking place in New Zealand in September.​
The English rugby team are playing practice matches before they play Argentina in the World cup.​
Let's hear from English rugby player Mike Tindall.​
What does he hope from these practice games?​
Listen out for the phrases ‘gain momentum’ and ‘we're really flying'.​
Clip​
Ideally we want to gain momentum through these three games so that when we step out there against Argentina that we’re really flying.​
Presenter​
Watch the clip again.​
Clip​
Ideally we want to gain momentum through these three games so that when we step out there against Argentina that we’re really flying.
Presenter​
gain momentum​
On screen​
gain momentum​
سرعت گرفتن​
Presenter​
we want to gain momentum through these games …​
we're really flying​
On screen​
we're really flying​
در واقعا در حال پرواز باشیم​
Presenter​
Here's an example:​
Last night we won the football match! We were really flying!​
Well we spoke to people in London. Listen to how they use this phrase.​
Vox pops​
I watched my football team at the weekend, they did really well they were really flying.​
My football team is doing really well, we’re really flying.​
On screen​
…they were really flying​
…we’re really flying​
Presenter​
I'll see you next time.​

[h=2]اصطلاح ها درباره "پرواز"[/h]

In the video Mike used the phrase 'we're really flying', meaning he wants his team to be performing at a high level.​
Below are some more expressions with the word 'flying'.
flying visit: a very short visit​
high-flying: very successful​
get off to a flying start: to start off very successfully​
pass with flying colours: to pass an exam or complete something with a very high result​
1. The football team won their first match of the season. They have​
_________________.​
2. Sally got 100% in her exam! She really _________________.​
3. A: What does Ben work as?​
B: He has his own company. He is a _________________ business man.​
4. A: Are you going home tomorrow?​
B: Yes, but only for a few days, it is a ________.​

[h=2]عبارت های حاوی "step"[/h]

In the video Mike used the phrase 'step out':​
"… when we step out there against Argentina"
Below are some more phrases with the word 'step'.
step back in time: to think or to remember the past​
step out of line: behave in a way that people do not agree with​
step down: to resign from an important position​
1. Mr Jones has ______________ as the head of the company.​
2. Visiting that old house was like ______________.​
3. I told him if he ______________ one more time he would be in​
big trouble.​

[h=2]پاسخ ها[/h]
اصطلاح ها درباره "پرواز"

1. The football team won their first match of the season. They have
got off to a flying start.​
2. Sally got 100% in her exam! She really passed with flying colours.​
3. A: What does Ben work as?​
B: He has his own company. He is a high-flying business man.​
4. A: Are you going home tomorrow?​
B: Yes, but only for a few days, it is a flying visit.

عبارت های حاوی Step

1. Mr Jones has stepped down as the head of the company.​
2. Visiting that old house was like stepping back in time.​
3. I told him if he steps out of line one more time he would be in big​
trouble.

پیوست ها

• Talking Sport - 5.zip
    2.8 مگایابت · بازدیدها: 0

Persia1

مدیر تالار زبان انگلیسی
مدیر تالار
Swiss cable guy

Swiss cable guy

[h=2]متن خبر[/h]

A Swiss daredevil's climbed the highest mountain in Germany in an unusual way.
He scaled the 3000-metre peak using a cable car wire as a tightrope.​
Freddy Nock gained nearly 350 metres in altitude as he walked the kilometre-long route without a balancing pole or a safety harness.​
The stuntman's trying to break seven world records in a week, raising money for charity in the process.

یک فرد بی باک سوئیسی از بلنذترین کوه در آلمان به شیوه ای نامعمول، بالا رفت
او از سیم تله کابین به عنوان بند استفاده کرد و تا قله 3000 متری بالا رفت.
فردی ناک مسیر یک کلیومتر را بدون استفاده از چوب مخصوص حفظ تعادل یا قلاب ایمنی طی کرد و تقریبا تا ارتفاع 350 متری از سطح دریا بالا رفت.
این بدلکار تلاش می کند که هفت رکورد جهانی را در یک هفته بشکند و در حین انجام این کار، برای امور خیریه پول جمع آوری می کند.

[h=2]کلمه های تازه[/h]
daredevil
بی باک، بی کله
tightrope
بند، طناب
altitude
ارتفاع از سطح دریا
safety harness
قلاب ایمنی
stuntman
بدلکار

[h=2]تمرین[/h]

daredevil / tightrope / altitude / safety harness / stuntman
A Chinese inventor claims he reached an __________ of 4,000m on his home made flying machine.​
Strapped to a __________ tethered more than 100 floors up, he began his climb up the silvery, glass-covered tower just after 1800 (1400 GMT) on Monday.​
A "human cannonball" __________ plunged to his death in an accident seen by hundreds of people at a daredevil show.​
The New York state assembly has made an exception to a century-old ban on stunts at Niagara Falls, to allow a renowned __________ walker to cross from one side to the other.​
Sam has a touch of the __________ .He flies helicopters, boxes, rides motorbikes and carries the air of a dashing gentleman untroubled by life's frailties.​

[h=2]پاسخ ها[/h]

A Chinese inventor claims he reached an altitude of 4,000m on his home made flying machine.​

Strapped to a safety harness tethered more than 100 floors up, he began his climb up the silvery, glass-covered tower just after 1800 (1400 GMT) on Monday.​

A "human cannonball" stuntman plunged to his death in an accident seen by hundreds of people at a daredevil show.​

The New York state assembly has made an exception to a century-old ban on stunts at Niagara Falls, to allow a renowned tightrope walker to cross from one side to the other.​

Sam has a touch of the daredevil. He flies helicopters, boxes, rides motorbikes and carries the air of a dashing gentleman untroubled by life's frailties.​

پیوست ها

• Swiss cable guy.zip
    3.4 مگایابت · بازدیدها: 0

Persia1

مدیر تالار زبان انگلیسی
مدیر تالار
Talking Sport - 6

Talking Sport - 6

[h=2]متن برنامه[/h]

Presenter
Training for the Olympics is always tough, but it is even harder when you also have to go to school.​
17 year old swimmer, Achieng Ajulu-Bushell is aiming to compete in next year's Olympics for Great Britain.​
She often swims twice a day, once before school and once after.​
So does Achieng find this training hard?​
Let's hear from her.​
Listen out for the words 'motivation' and 'struggle'.​
Clip​
Getting up at 5 o'clock in the morning doesn't really get any easier, I mean you do get used to it, but the motivation to get yourself out of bed when it's dark or raining like that is always a struggle.​
Presenter​
Watch the clip again.​
Clip​
Getting up at 5 o'clock in the morning doesn't really get any easier, I mean you do get used to it, but the motivation to get yourself out of bed when it's dark or raining like that is always a struggle.​
Presenter​
the motivation to get yourself out of bed…​
a struggle​
… that is always a struggle
Let's hear from some people in London. Listen to how they use the word 'motivation'.​
Vox pops​
I play badminton and my motivation is to win.​
Performing well is my motivation.​
My motivation to get out of bed in the morning is to make money at work.​
On screen​
my motivation is…​
… is my motivation
my motivation to get out of bed in the morning is…​
Presenter​
I'll see you next time
[h=2][/h] [h=2]اصطلاح ها درباره "انگیزه"[/h]
[h=2][/h]
In the video Achieng used the word 'motivation', meaning a powerful reason for doing something.
"… the motivation to get out of bed"
Motivation is a noun.
Example: Getting fit is my motivation for running every morning.​
Motivate is a verb.
Example: We need to motivate the team to get good results.​
Now complete the sentences with the verb or the noun.
1. Living in London has really ___________ me to learn English.​
2. I have no ___________ to go to school today because I haven't​
done my homework.​
3. Jill always gets good results from her team. She is really good at​
___________ people.​
4. My children are my ___________ to go to work everyday.​
B: Yes, but only for a few days, it is a ________.​
[h=2][/h] [h=2]عبارت های حاوی "easy"[/h]

In the video Achieng used the word 'easier':
"Getting up at 5 o'clock in the morning doesn't really get any easier…"
Below are some phrases with the word easy:
go easy on: be gentle towards someone even if they have done something wrong​
easy as pie: something that is not very difficult to do​
easy on the ear: music that is pleasant to listen to​
take it easy: to rest or not work hard​
1. I have had a very busy day, I am going to ____________ tonight.​
2. Please ____________ her, she knows she has made a mistake​
and she is already upset about it.​
3. I cannot believe you don't know how to boil an egg! It is as​
____________!​
4. When I am driving home from work I like to listen to something​
that is ____________.​
[h=2][/h] [h=2]پاسخ ها[/h]

Motivation / Motivate
1. Living in London has really motivated me to learn English.​
2. I have no motivation to go to school today because I haven't​
done my homework.​
3. Jill always gets good results from her team. She is really good at​
motivating people.​
4. My children are my motivation to go to work everyday.​
Idioms with 'easy'
1. I have had a very busy day I am going to take it easy tonight.​
2. Please go easy on her, she knows she has made a mistake and​
she is already upset about it.​
3. I cannot believe you don't know how to boil an egg! It is as easy as​
pie!​
4. When I am driving home from work I like to listen to something​
that is easy on the ear.​

پیوست ها

• Talking_Sport_-_6.zip
    2.7 مگایابت · بازدیدها: 0

Persia1

مدیر تالار زبان انگلیسی
مدیر تالار
Destination: Afghanistan

Destination: Afghanistan

[h=2]متن خبر[/h]

The turquoise waters of Afghanistan’s very first national park.​
The authorities here are trying to attract tourists to Bamian, the same place where the Taliban blew up a giant Buddha ten years ago.​
It’s hoped once security concerns are addressed tourism can form the backbone of the Afghan economy.​
Last year even saw ski slopes open for business and the country’s first international skiing competition.​

آب های فیروزه ای نخستین پارک ملی افغانستان
مسئولان در اینجا تلاش می کنند که توریست ها را به بامیان جذب کنند، به همان جایی که طالبان ده سال قبل یک مجسمه بودای بزرگ را در آنجا منفجر کردند.
امید می رود که وقتی اقدامات لازم درباره نگرانی های امنیتی انجام شود، توریسم بتواند ستون اقتصاد افغانستان را شکل بدهد.

[h=2]کلمه های تازه[/h]
the authorities: the group of people with official power in an area, like the government
مقامات، مسئولان
blow up: destroyed with a bomb or explosives
منفجر کردن
security concerns: worries about safety and the threat of terrorism
نگرانی های امنیتی
the backbone of: the most important part of something which holds the rest together
ستون
slopes: areas on the sides of mountains, hills and artificial hills used for the sport of skiing
پیست اسکی

[h=2]تمرین[/h] با کلمه مناسب از فهرست زیر، جمله ها را کامل کنید.

Use one of the words or phrases below to complete each of these sentences from a BBC news report. Note that you may have to change the form of a word to complete the sentence correctly.
the authorities / blew up / security concerns / the backbone of / slopes​

1. And, in another mysterious and high-profile case in 2003, US pizza delivery man Brian Wells was killed when a collar bomb he was wearing __________ after he robbed a bank in Pennsylvania.​

2. Saif al-Islam, one of the Libyan leader's sons, sought to rally regime forces earlier on Tuesday by making a defiant appearance and claiming the regime had broken ___________ the rebel advance.​

3. His beating-up by security forces shows that he has hit home and that __________ tolerance for dissent is touching zero.​

4. Glasgow Caledonian University's Moffat Centre, which monitors visitor attractions, said Scotland's __________ benefited most from heavy snowfalls..​

5. Brazil had been scheduled to play African champions Egypt on Tuesday 6 September, but the game was cancelled due to __________ in Cairo.​

[h=2]پاسخ ها[/h]
1. And, in another mysterious and high-profile case in 2003, US pizza delivery man Brian Wells was killed when a collar bomb he was wearing blew up after he robbed a bank in Pennsylvania.
Source: Unlacing the 'necklace bomb'​

2. Saif al-Islam, one of the Libyan leader's sons, sought to rally regime forces earlier on Tuesday by making a defiant appearance and claiming the regime had broken the backbone of the rebel advance.​
Source: Libya conflict: Gaddafi regime 'in death throes'​

3. His beating-up by security forces shows that he has hit home and that the authorities' tolerance for dissent is touching zero.​
Source: Syria unrest: Famed cartoonist Ali Farzat 'beaten'​

4. Glasgow Caledonian University's Moffat Centre, which monitors visitor attractions, said Scotland's ski slopes benefited most from heavy snowfalls.​
Source: Scots tourist attractions 'weather economic downturn'​

5. Brazil had been scheduled to play African champions Egypt on Tuesday 6 September, but the game was cancelled due to security concerns in Cairo.​
Source: Ghana line up prestigious friendly against Brazil​

پیوست ها

• Destination Afghanistan.zip
    3.5 مگایابت · بازدیدها: 0
بالا