اموزش های مربوط به:REVIT(فیلم,کتاب,سایت)

rasool.civil

مدیر بازنشسته
Topography: Creating a basic Topo Surface-2

Topography: Creating a basic Topo Surface-2

Now this is just 2 faces. What if we added more faces? And we varied the heights of the points that defined the faces? We would have a Toposurface!

As you can see, no matter how large or complicated the surface is, it is always formed from triangular faces which in turn are defined by 3 points each. Remember: For each face, each of the three points that define it can all be of different elevational heights, but each individual face itself will always be a flat plane.
Enough of the theory, let’s get back to Revit and create a one-face topo surface. We’ve seen from the discussion above that each point of a face can be at a different height- so we need to be able to tell Revit what these heights are. This is where the Options Bar comes into play:-

Elevation refers to the height at which each point will be drawn at. You can draw as many points as you like and they will all be at whatever height this setting is at, until you change it.

So let’s leave it at 0.0 for the moment and create a single-face surface. Add 3 points to the View, so that it looks like this:-

Don’t worry about the exact location of the points in plan- that’s not important. What is important is that you’ve just formed the most basic topographical surface you can, within Revit. Well, you will form the surface if you tell Revit that you have finished sketching it and instruct it to “Finish Surface”. Let’s do that now. Hit the “Finish Surface” button on the Design Bar.

Immediately the Toposurface is created. It doesn’t look at lot different apart from the fact that the points have disappeared. Our basic surface is pretty uninspiring, so let’s go and add some more faces to it. Go ahead and select the surface by clicking on it (it will turn red once selected) and then hit “Edit” on the Options Bar

You will now find yourself back in Sketch Mode, with the points shown again. As we initiated the skech mode again from the Edit command, the default command on the Design bar is Modify.

so go ahead and activate the Point command (we do this so we can continue to add more points (and consequently faces) to our surface. Now add two more points directly below the two that make up the base of our face. For clarity the two images below show each of the points being placed in turn:-

the first point….

and the second point…..

Let’s now finish the sketch and turn this into a proper Toposurface. Hit the Finish Surface command again. Here is our new Toposurface:-

You may be asking yourself “But I thought that all surfaces were made up of triangular faces? I can’t see any individual triangular faces here!” YES: The surfaces ARE made up from triangular faces with coincident points. It’s just that at the moment Revit is not set to show us the edges of the triangular faces. But we can easily fix that.

Right-clock in the Site View and activate View Properties. From here, activate the Visibility / Graphic Overrides panel for this view.

Scroll down to Topography and expand it so that you can see all of the sub-categories within Topography:-

You will see that all sub-categories are checked apart from Triangulation Edges. Don’t worry about what all the other sub-categories refer to- we will look at some of the other aspects (such as Contours) in other separate tutorials.

Go ahead and check “Triangulation Edges” and click OK.

No we get to see exactly how our surface is made of 3 separate triangles. As we’ve seen, all you need to do is choose the height for the points and choose where the points are to be placed. Revit will handle the triangulation and creation of the faces.

In reality, very rarely is the topography of your site flat. So let’s make our toposurface a bit more realistic by adding in some undulations. Select the surface we have created and hit Edit to re-enter sketch mode:-

So far all of our points have been at an elevation of 0.0, which means that the entire surface is flat. Let’s add a small hill in the centre of our surface. We are now going to create a plateau 600mm high in the centre of our surface.

So go ahead and change the Elevation the points that we are about to place to 600.

Now draw five points in the centre of the surface, in a rough pentagon shape. You should end up with:-

Because we are looking at our surface in a plan view, it is impossible to see the undulating nature of it. Don’t worry- we’ll have a look at it in 3D in a minute. But for now, let’s add a little more to the top of our hill. Remaining in sketch mode, change the Elevation height to 1200:-

Now add four points (in a rough square shape) to the centre of our “hill”.

Your sketch should look like this:-

Now all we have to do is click on “Finish Surface” on the Site Design Bar and our surface is complete. Switch to the 3D View, ensure your view setting is “Shading with Edges” and shadows are turned on. Your surface should be similar to this one:-

Go ahead and rotate the view. Look at the surface from all angles, including underneath. You will see that we have created a fully three-dimensional topographical surface.

rasool.civil

مدیر بازنشسته
Roofs: Using Slope Arrows

Roofs: Using Slope Arrows

The default method of creating a sloped roof within Revit Architecture is to make one or more of the roof boundary lines “Slope Defining”. This is fine if we know what angle we want the roof slope to be at. But what if we want to create a roof based on absolute heights? For example: We know the height at the eaves and we know the height that the ridge needs to be.

Yes, we could always use trigonometry to calculate the slope. But there’s no need for that. We just use Slope Arrows!

In the image below you will see that we have set a Level for the Eaves height and a level for the Ridge height.

We will now create a roof that has it’s geometry based on these Levels. First of all we’ll use the “Roof by Footprint” tool to set out our boundary sketch lines as normal…

You will see from the above image that I’ve set an overhang to the roof (300mm in this case). Now: Before we proceed, we need to switch the “Slope Defining” parameter to “Off” for each of the boundary lines….

I have turned these off because I am going to use a “Slope Arrow” to set my roof out. So let’s add the Slope Arrows now. You can find the “Slope Arrow” tool located on the “Create Roof Footprint” tab…..

One very important thing to note when using Slope Arrows is that the “Tail” of the arrow need to spring from a boundary line and the “Head” needs to correspond with the highest point of the roof- ie the ridge in this case. Here is the first Slope Arrow I have placed….

Before we set the parameters, let’s add the second Slope Arrow. Notice how I have simply used a Reference line to set out the centre line of the ridge.

Now let’s set the parameters. To speed things up I can select both Slope Arrows together, as the values I set are going to be the same. With both Arrows selected, I can now change the parameter values appropriately….

It is important that you leave “Specify” set to “Height at Tail”. We have changed the other parameters accordingly- “Level at Tail” is set to our “Eaves” Level. And “Level at head” is set to our “Ridge” Level. When we “Apply” these changes, our roof is created….

Obviously if we had just used one Slope Arrow and spanned it between two opposing boundary lines like so……..

…we would end up with a mono-pitch roof…..

rasool.civil

مدیر بازنشسته
Curtain Walls: A basic introduction

Curtain Walls: A basic introduction

In this article we are going to take a quick look at Curtain Walls, within Revit Architecture. We will discuss what they are and how you use them. And to conclude, we will produce a very simple building model containing a couple of Curtain Walls

Now before we start: Please don’t confuse Curtain Walls with Curtain Systems. Although they use the same components (and produce basically the same thing)- they are different. Curtain Systems use a set of pre-defined parameters to produce curtain walling with set centres for the mullions. Using simple Curtain Walls along with curtain grids and mullions is a much more intuitive, creative process.

First of all, a little bit of theory:-

Curtain Wall
A Curtain Wall (within Revit Architecture) is a special type of wall. It can be found nestled in with all the other wall types….

Curtain Grids
The Curtain Wall is able to host “Curtain Grids”- which can be placed using the tool found on the “Build” tab of the “Home” menu……..

Mullions
Once the Curtain Wall has one or more “Curtain Grid lines” placed onto it, the grid lines can then host “Mullions”- which are found adjacent to the “Curtain Grid” tool…

The three components types described above have a hierarchical relationship between them. You MUST have a Curtain Wall to act as a host for the Curtain Grid. You MUST have a Curtain Grid to act as a host of the Mullions.

Right: No more theory- let’s just get started.

I’ll start with a blank Revit Project file. I’m going to select the Wall tool and set the wall type to “Curtain Wall”. Once I have done this I can proceed to place a length of Curtain Wall within my model space…….

And here is my section of Curtain Wall, as seen in a 3D view. Pretty uninspiring at the moment! If we select the Curtain Wall and take a look at it’s Properties…..

…they are quite similar (in terms of the various parameters) to any other wall type. For example: You can control the base and the top via Level constraints, etc.

Let’s press on and add some Curtain Grid lines. I first select the Curtain Grid tool….

Once the tool is selected, I can now just hover over the wall and click to place my grid lines. It is probably easier to do this in an Elevation or Section view…..

In the above image you can see that I have placed a number of Curtain Grid Lines. Once placed, the Grid Lines can be easily moved by first selecting them-and then simply dragging them, or changing the value of the temporary dimensions…..

OK: So we’ve got our Curtain Wall and we’ve got some Curtain Grid lines hosted onto it. Let’s add some Mullions. First select the Mullion tool….

And then simply click on each of the Curtain Grid lines you have just placed, in order to add a Mullion….

I’ll switch to a 3D view and zoom in a little…….

In the above image you can clearly see the Mullion elements that have been added to the Curtain Grid lines. For a basic introduction to Curtain Walls, that’s about it! In other articles we will look at how you can create your own custom Mullion elements- so that you can accurately model an “off-the-shelf” curtain walling system.

But before we finish, just a couple more things about Curtain Walls…..

Curtain Panels.
A Curtain Panel is the area bounded by Curtain Grid lines. When you start with just a single run of Curtain Wall- then entire wall is one large panel. As you start breaking up the wall by adding gird lines, you are automatically forming more panels. Each of these panels is “Glass” by default. But as each panel is a distinct Revit element, you can do interesting things with them. Please Note: It can be a bit tricky to select the a panel- you may need to use the “TAB” key to cycle through various selections in order to reach a panel….

Once selected, you can change it to a different panel type, by using the Type Selector” drop-down menu….

In the above image I have changed two of the default panels (one to “Solid” and other to “Glazed Double Doors”). You will find a variety of different panel types in your Component Library

Embedding Curtain Walls in other walls
You can easily create a nice glazed screen in a solid wall by “embedding” a section of Curtain Wall into a “Host” wall….

To do this you use the “Cut Geometry” tool. A separate article is dedicated to explaining how to do this.

Editing the Profile of a Curtain Wall
Just like any other wall, you can easily “edit the profile” of a Curtain Wall. Just select the wall and then click on “Edit Profile”. Before I start editing the profile….

And after I have finished editing the profile….

Note that the profile can contain arc segments- to which Revit will simply add curved Mullions.​

rasool.civil

مدیر بازنشسته
View Templates

View Templates

In this article we will look at how View Templates can really aid your productivity rate when using Revit. As I’m sure you know by now, there is a huge variety of parameters that control the look and “style” of the views that you create within Revit.

View Templates are a really elegant way of capturing the values of all those settings and then allowing you to create new views based on them. This saves you a lot of time- as without View Templates, you would have to go through each of those parameters again.

For example. Below is a plan view that I have played around with, in order to get the look I want.

I have turned off Section Lines. I have played around with the darkness of the shadows. I have set the Detail Level to “Medium”. Etc, etc. So basically, I have spent a while getting this View to look how I want it to.

So how do I take a “snap shot” of this View, such that I can easily create (say) a second floor plan view that is presented in the same way. The answer is easy! I just use View Templates.

I simply go to the View menu and select “Create Template from Current View”- which is located under “View Templates” on the “Graphics” tab…..

I am immediately asked to give the Template a name. I am going to call mine “Presentation Plan”…..

As soon as I have confirmed a name for my Template, I am taken to the main “View Templates” control panel……

You can see the list of Templates on the left hand side of the panel. On the right hand side are the bespoke settings for the Template that is currently highlighted on the left. As you can see, there are loads of settings that you can adjust- including all View Range Settings, the Visual Style, the Detail Level, etc, etc.

So how do we use our new Template? First I will switch views to another plan….

Now if we want to make this particular View look exactly like our other one, I simply select “Apply Template to Current View”, from the “View Template” menu….

…and make sure I choose “Presentation Plan” as the View Template to apply. Our View suddenly acquires all the graphic and presentation settings from our Template….

You can use View Templates on various types of Views, not just plans. I think you’ll agree that this is a really useful tool for speeding up the process of creating and tweaking the presentation of views?

rasool.civil

مدیر بازنشسته
Ceilings: An introduction to Revit Ceilings

Ceilings: An introduction to Revit Ceilings

• The screen shots in this article are from Revit Architecture 2010. So if you are using an earlier version of Revit, the User Interface will be significantly different from what you see here. However the underlying principles will be exactly the same- it’s just a cosmetic change.

• If you have ANY questions or queries relating to what you read here, PLEASE post them on our Forums. We are here to support you in you “Revit Journey”, so please make use of us!
OK. Without further delay, let’s dive into the world of Ceilings.

Just like walls, floors and roofs; ceilings are Host elements. That is, they are able to host components onto their surface. Examples of which include, light fittings, ceiling fans, CCTV cameras, etc, etc. Ceilings are full 3D elements. So that when you place a ceiling into your model it appears in Reflected Ceiling Plans, Sections and 3D Views.

The Ceiling Tools cans be found on the Home Tab, in the Build Panel…..

The best (and most appropriate) view in which to create and edit your Ceiling components is the Reflected Ceiling Plans (RCP’s). If you look in the Project Browser just below Floor Plans, you will see the Ceiling Plans category of View…….

Each time you create a new Level, Revit will automatically create a new Floor Plan AND Ceiling Plan View, that is associated with that Level.

So let’s get onto the actual Ceiling Elements themselves. A Ceiling Element is associated with a Level. The height that the Ceiling is placed above it’s associated Level is controlled by a Parameter which you can dictate.

So for example, if you want to create a ceiling for one of your ground floor rooms, you would associate the ceiling with the Ground Floor Level, and NOT a Level set at the ceiling height. It’s the same principle as windows. Ie a Window has an associated Level- which is the floor level for the room it is going to be placed in.

Ceiling Types
Ceilings come in two main types: Plain ceilings (such as plasterboard) and grid ceilings (such as a suspended lay-in grid system). They are both created in the same way- the only difference being the Type.

Just like any other User-Defineable Type Element, you can hit the Edit Type button, duplicate the current element and then modify it to your heart’s content

Defining and Creating your ceilings
The creation of Ceilings within Revit is a very similar process to that of Floors and Roofs- ie you can let Revit do most of the work and “guess” where you want the boundaries to be. Or you can enter “Sketch Mode” and literally sketch out the boundary of the ceiling yourself.

The main thing to remember is to be in the Correct Ceiling Plan View before you start. Revit “will” let you place Ceilings in Floor Plan Views, but I would not advise this as you cannot readily see what you have created.

In the above image, you can see that I have selected Ceilings, I have then selected “Auto Ceiling” and I have hovered my cursor over one of the Rooms. You can see that Revit is letting me know that I can place a Ceiling in this room- by the fact that it is displaying a thick orange boundary where the ceiling perimeter will be.

Once placed, you can edit the Ceiling Element properties at any time. Just select the Celing (as you would any Element within Revit) and Click on it’s Element Properties button….

Once I click on the button, I have access to all the Instance Parameters for this particular Ceiling Type…..

So that’s creating a ceiling automatically. How about sketching your own ceiling boundary. It’s really simple. Just make sure you’re in the correct Ceiling Plan View, click Ceilings and then select Sketch Ceiling.

You will see that we’re now in Sketch Mode. You can use Lines, arcs, etc; to sketch out the boundary to your Ceiling. You can also pick walls or pick existing lines in order to speed up the creation of your boundary.

Don’t forget to LOCK your Sketch Lines!
As you sketch your Ceiling Boundary, you will notice that small padlocks appear next to each line segment. If you want Revit to automatically adjust your ceiling boundary if your wall positions change, you need to LOCK these padlocks.

PLEASE get into the habit of locking ALL Sketch Lines (Floors, Ceilings, Roofs) to existing geometry. The more that you can parametrically link your model together, the better.

Aligning ceiling grids
Let’s assume that we’ve gone ahead and created a suspended ceiling system….

Upon creation of this ceiling, Revit automatically centres the ceiling grid on the centre of the room. But you may want your grid aligned with (say) the left hand edge of the room. No problem. Just juse the Align tool on the left hand wall and a grid line. Do NOT try to MOVE the ceiling gird- it will not work!

Sloped Ceilings
I would imagine that the majority of your ceilings are going to be flat. But soon or later you’re going to need to create a sloped ceiling. No problem. In fact Revit spoils you with a choice of 3 methods of creating sloped ceilings.

Method 1
While you are sketching your ceiling in Sketch Mode, use a Slope Arrow. All you need to do is just hit the Slope Arrow button (which is just below the Boundary Line button) and draw an arrow. It is important to NOTE the length of the arrow you are drawing. Because it is it’s length, combined with Offset (height) parameters that will actually determine the angle of slope of your roof.

Then just go into the Element Properties panel for the Slope Arrow itself………

You cansee that you can use various combinations of Absolute values and Levels, to define the height of the Tail and Head of the Slope Arrow. The heights, combined with it’s length will give you an angle.

Method 2
The next method does not involve a slope arrow at all. What you need to do is select two parallel boundary lines- normally one on each opposite side of the ceiling. You then select BOTH these lines at the same time and call up an Element Properties panel…..

If you’ve done this correctly you should the option (as in the above image) to check the “Defines Constant Height” parameter, Go ahead and check this box and then click OK. By doing so you have enabled the “Offset from Base” parameter for each of these lines. It is now just a case of going into the Element Properties for each line and entering a (height) value that you wish this boundary to be above it’s Base Level. This method is great if you know tha absolute heights that your ceiling needs to be at on each side of the roof- regardless of the room’s width.

Method 3
For the third method, just select a SINGLE boundary sketch line. Access its Element Properties and then check BOTH the “Defines Constant Height” AND “Defines Slope” parameters….

You can now just type in the slope angle you want, into the Slope parameter. This method is good when the ceiling has to rise at a certain slope from one edge of the room.

Ceilings are Hosts
We started off by saying that Ceilings are hosts. You will find that the stock Revit light fittings will automatically snap to your ceilings. You can also create your own custom components that will snap to ceiling elements- all you have to do is make sure you use a “Ceiling-Based” Family Template for your Component.

I hope this article has given you a good introduction to the nature and use of Ceilings within Revit?

rasool.civil

مدیر بازنشسته
Topography: Changing the section cut material

Topography: Changing the section cut material

When you take a section through a Toposurface, the default “cut material” that you see is “Site- Earth”….

But what if you want to change this to something else? It is of course possible- but finding “where” to change the setting can sometimes prove frustrating to new users.

In order to find the parameter, you need to click on the little arrow at the base of the “Model Site” tab- located in the “Massing & Site” menu…….

NOTE: The arrow has a blue box around it, in the image above.

When you click on this arrow, you are presented with the “Site Settings” control panel…..

And half way down the panel you will a couple of parameters in a group called “Section Graphics”. In here you can change the “section cut material” and also the “elevation of poche base”. This second parameter controls the (absolute) height at which this “cut material” starts from.

In the image below, I have changed the “section cut material” to one that has a solid hatch pattern. I have also changed the “elevation of poche base” so that it is only 500mm thick….

I am sure you have your own conventions / preferences for how you would like the cut material to be displayed. It is just good to know where to find the setting!​

rasool.civil

مدیر بازنشسته
Building Blocks

Building Blocks

It's all about Building Blocks. No matter how complicated your custom component needs to be- it's all built from basic blocks! In this particular article we are going to take a look at the basic geometry that makes up any components.

Revit comes complete with a whole range of 3D components. Some of these are simple objects, while others are relatively complex. Let's take a look at a specific example....

This kitchenette is a 3D component, pre-loaded in Revit's component library. It has some quite complex geometry- for example, if we look at a close up of the tap...

Note: I've turned off the shading for this view, for the sake of clarity.

The neck of the tap is formed be "sweeping" a circle along a two-dimensional path. If we edit the family, we can actually get right back to the creation of each element. So by editing the tap neck, we can see the profile (ie the circle) and the 2D path along which the profile was swept....

Sweeping profiles along paths is just one of four methods of creating the basic geometry for ANY component. In Parts 12 and 13 we will look in detail at Solid Extrusions and Solid Sweeps respectively. But for now, the main lesson to be learnt from this article is that ANY complex 3D component is comprised from a number of (more simple) 3D geometrical elements.

Let's go ahead and create our own television. I will not be explaining step-by-step how to do this- all I want you to understand in this particular article is how ANY object in Revit is made up from simple geometry.

So let's start off with a basic mass for the main body of the TV....

Now I'll add a rectangular void to cut-away at this mass- this will form an indentation, representing the screen...

Now, I'll create a long rectangular mass on the front of the main body, to represent a control panel....

And finally, I'm going to create a stand for our television. I'll do this by creating two upright cylinders and a horizontal base board....

And there's our completed television. Obviously this is just a very simple model- but the fundamental concepts are just the same for any component- of any complexity.

Summary and conclusion

• Any component is made up from a number of indivdual mass elements
  • These mass elements are created by use of the Extrude, Sweep, Revolve or Blend methods.
  • The mass elements may be modified by either adding other elements to them, or subtracting volumes from them by use of Solid Voids.

rasool.civil

مدیر بازنشسته
Creating a parametric rafter

Creating a parametric rafter

One of our Forum members recently asked how roof rafters could be modelled in Revit. He wanted the ability to be able to model the roof structure in detail and also produce schedules directly from the model. Modelling roofs and their structure is an interesting topic. There are various methods of representing roof constructions within Revit- and just like anything else, it depends on how much detail you need and what you wish to do with the information. For some, just drawing the roof construction using detail lines will be adequate. For others, a full 3D model of the roof structure (and all the inherent data that goes with it) is required. Anyway, back to the focus of this article. The parametric rafter was relatively straightforward to produce. It was formed using the Family Editor and was based on a “Generic Model” template.

The first thing I did was set up the Reference Planes that would control the geometry of the rafter

The reference planes are the green dashed lines. These form the skeleton that the geometry is fixed to.

In the image below, you can see the parameters that I have defined for this component.

All these parameters are Instance Parameters, which means that we can change their values for each instance (ie each separate rafter) in the model.

Now I add the geometry- there are two parts to this. The first is a solid extrusion to form the rafter itself…

And then a Void Extrusion to “cut out” the birdsmouth notch from our (previously created) rafter.

With regards controlling the thickness of both the solid extrusion and the void extrusion, I set up a reference plane (vertically)- in which I sketched the profiles of the solid and void. I could then set the extrusiuon properties to start the extrusion at 0 (which means the start of the extrusion is coincident with the reference plane it is sketched on) and the "Extrusion End" can be set to the parameter Rafter Thickness

Look carefully at the Extrusion Start and Extrusion End properties. Notice how the value for Start (0) is shown in black, while the value for End is shown greyed out- also notice the small = sign at the end of the "Extrusion End" line. This is because I have set the value for Extrusion End to a parameter, rather than an absolute value. Extrusion Start will ALWAYS be 0 (ie will always be on the same reference plane in which it was sketched), while Extrusion End will always be the value of the parameter "Rafter Thickness"

OK, so that’s the rafter. Now let’s load it into a project and see how it performs…

Here’s our rafter sitting onto of a wall. There are 6 instances of our component. If I pick one of the instances and look at the Element Properties for it….

You can see that we have access to all the parameters that we created. Just to prove how flexible the component is, I will change the values of these parameters for each instance. Here’s the result…..

I can’t imagine a roof formed like this! But is demonstrates how flexible our family is. Now, the only thing I haven’t done here is use Shared Parameters. If I had, we could have then produced a schedule of rafters- automatically extracting the values for each shared parameter, for each instance of the component.

rasool.civil

مدیر بازنشسته
Doors: Creating your own Door Family: Part 1

Doors: Creating your own Door Family: Part 1

Welcome to the Revit Zone series of articles on creating your own Door family. In this 7 part series we are going to take you through (step-by-step) everything you need to know in order to create your own bespoke Door Families, within Revit Architecture.

Part 1: Introduction / Table of Contents)

This series of articles will focus specifically on creating your own custom door family. However, the concepts and principles that we will discuss and utilise as we work our way through, will be applicable to many different types of families and elements. Time and again with Revit, the same set of tools and concepts are used to create anything that you can imagine.

Part 2: The Metric Door Template

In this article we will take a look at the default Metric Door Template. We will talk about the included Reference Planes and dimensions.

Part 3: Creating the architrave and door frame

In this article we will create additional Reference Planes and parameters- and then use these to help create a door frame and architraves.

Part 4: Creating the door leaf

(Article coming February 2011)

In this article we will now create our door leaf. We will look at the use of “Materials” parameters to allow us to change the material of the door leaf from within the Project Environment. We will also talk about the use of Symbolic Lines and Visibility Settings.

Part 5: Adding the door handles

In this article we will add door handles to our door leaf. We will talk about Nested Families and how they can be utilised to cut down on your modelling time.

Part 6: Creating different Family Types

Now we have finished the basic geometry of our door family, we will take a look at creating pre-defined Family Types. We will test (or “flex”) these Types, before loading our family into the Project Environment.

Part 7: Conclusion

In this article we make a quick review of everything we have covered in this series. We will pick out the most important concepts and look at how they relate to other families that you may wish to create.​

rasool.civil

مدیر بازنشسته
Doors: Creating your own Door Family: Part 2

Doors: Creating your own Door Family: Part 2

Welcome to the second part in this series of articles in which we explain how to create your own Door Family using the Family Editor, in Revit Architecture. If you have missed the first part in this series, you may wish to start here.​

In this article we will take a look at Family Templates and in particular, the Metric Door Template. We will briefly discuss Instance and Type Parameters and examine how they control the geometry of your custom door family.

Let’s get started by loading up the Metric Door Template: Depending on where you are in the world, you may be using a different Revit Library format- ie Imperial, etc. The units may differ, but all the principles and concepts we will be discussing will be the same. From Revit’s “Recent Files” screen, I am going to open the “Metric Door” template…..

Because we are opening a Family Template, Revit automatically starts in “Family Editor” mode. I am assuming (for the purpose of this particular series of articles) that you have a basic familiarity of the Family Editor. If not, please read this article first.

This basic Door template is what you will use for the creation of your loadable door components, in almost all cases. Let’s switch to a 3D view and take a look at what our template consists of…..

So we have a section of wall, a basic opening formed in the wall and what appears to be an architrave around the opening- on both sides of the wall. Now as I want you to learn how to create everything from scratch, I am going to go ahead and delete both architraves- we will then form our own in due course. Go ahead and select each architrave and delete them. We are now left with a blank opening…..

This is now the bare minimum we need in order to create our own door family- a piece of wall and an opening in it! Don’t worry about the width of the wall of the dimensions of the opening- we are going to explain how these work in due course.

I’m now going to switch to an elevation view of our family and then a plan view. Here are the two respective views. First the elevation….

And then the Plan view………

Let’s discuss each of them in turn. First the Elevation. Now, there are a few key things that I want you to notice. First of all the Reference Planes. These are the green dashed lines around the opening. And then the dimension labelled “Height”. In fact the 3 elements (Reference Lines, Opening and Dimension) are intrinsically linked- and it’s crucial that you understand their relationship.

The Reference Planes CONTROL the size and position of the opening itself. The Dimension CONTROLS the height of the horizontal Reference Plane at door head height. So to summarise: Dimensions CONTROL the positioning of Reference Planes and Reference Planes CONTROL the positioning of the 3D geometry- which in this case, includes the Opening itself.

Now let’s move onto the Plan View. Here it is again for reference…..

Again, there are some VERY important things to notice and discuss here. Firstly the Reference Planes. There are a number of Reference Planes here. Horizontally, there is one running along the centre line of the wall. This will ALWAYS lie on the centreline of your wall (regardless of wall thickness) when you add your door family to a wall element, in the Project Environment.

What isn’t clear from the image above is that there are Reference Planes on the Interior and Exterior faces of the section of wall, in the template. These Reference Planes are CRUCIAL- as they enable you to refer your geometry (with regards it position / size) back to the external faces of any wall (regardless of the wall type or thickness)

Vertically, three Reference Planes can be seen. The one in the centre will always be the centre of the insertion point, when placing your door in a wall, in the Project Environment. The other two Reference Planes (running vertically up the screen in our plan view) are the left and right side of the opening- so are in fact, the same Reference Planes we saw in elevation. All the Reference Planes in this template are names. Just select any of the Planes and take a look at it’s Properties to see it’s name. Below are the Properties for the Reference Plane which lies of the Exterior face of the wall….

Also notice the “Width” dimension in the Plan view. Just like in the Elevation view, the Width dimension CONTROLS the Reference Planes, which in turn CONTROL the width of the Opening.

In the next article we will use a Sweep to form the door frame and architraves. We will look at how to use Reference Planes (both the defaults planes and additional ones that we will create) to control the size and location of the door frame and architrave.

rasool.civil

مدیر بازنشسته
Doors: Creating your own Door Family: Part 3

Doors: Creating your own Door Family: Part 3

Welcome to the third part in this series of articles in which we explain how to create your own Door Family using the Family Editor, in Revit Architecture. If you have missed the previous parts in this series, you may wish to start here.

In this article we are going to create the door frame and architrave for our door family. We will add some more Reference Planes to control the solid geometry that we are going to create. And we will also add some Parameters to control one of the dimensions of our door frame.

So where did we leave off in the previous article? Well, we just go as far as taking a look at the stock Metric Door template and deleting the included architraves. Here’s what we have at this stage….

So let’s start right away with our door frame. For the purposes of this exercise I’m going to keep this very simple, with regards the technical detail of the frame. This is all about learning some important Revit concerts- and not about how to produce sound joinery details!

What I want to do is set my door frame back from the exterior face of the wall. And I want to be able to vary this distance from within the Project Environment- ie once my door family is actually placed in a Revit Wall. So I need some way to control this set-back (or “rebate”). To do this I’m going to use a “Length” parameter, a dimension and a new Reference Plane. I’ll walk you through this step-by-step as there are some VERY important concepts going on here- concepts that you will use time and again in your Family Creation process.

First of all let’s create our new Reference Plane. Simple select the Reference Plane tool from the “Home” menu…..

And then draw a “horizontal” Reference Plane in the Plan view- draw it some distance back from the Exterior face of the Wall- the exact distance is unimportant as we are going to control it with a parameter anyway. Here is my new Reference Plane…..

You can see it highlighted in blue, in the image above. Now we need to NAME our new Reference Plane so we can “refer” to it when we create our door frame. Make sure the Reference Plane is selected and then go to its’ Properties and name it “Face of Frame”….

Now let’s create a new parameter to control the rebate of this Reference Plane. Go ahead and click on the “Family Types” button….

And then in the “Family Types” control panel, click on “Add…” next to “Parameters”….

Up will pop a “Parameters Properties” panel. Let’s go ahead and create a new parameter called “Rebate”. Change the parameter type to “Instance” (it is on “Type” by default). You can leave all other settings as they are….

In order to use our new parameter to control the position of our Reference Plane, we need to label up a dimension. First of all add a dimension between our new Reference Plane (“Face of Frame”) and the default Reference Plane named “Exterior”….

IN the above image you can see our new dimension, It just happens to be 33(mm) at the moment. Go ahead and select the dimension. Upon doing so you will see the “Label” drop-down menu on the Options Bar. Go ahead and pick our new parameter from the drop-down menu….

Don’t worry that the value of “Rebate” is set at 0. It will immediately change to reflect the current length (ie 33mm) as soon as you hit “OK”.

So now we have a Reference Plane that will always be set back from the outer face of the wall, by a distance that is equal to the value held by the parameter “Rebate”.

With that done we can now get on and make our frame. To do this we are going to use a Sweep. You can read all about the basics of Sweeps here. First of all w will switch to an elevation view (“Exterior”) and set the “Work Plane” to our new Reference Plane- this will enable us to sketch the path for the sweep on the correct plane (ie our new plane).

Here is the elevation……

Now just before we form our Sweep- let’s remove those 2 diagonal dashed lines in the centre of the door opening. These are “Symbolic lines” and they are included in the template by default. I will explain Symbolic Lines to you later- so let’s just select both lines and delete them….

.​

rasool.civil

مدیر بازنشسته
That’s better. Now let’s crack on and form our door frame. First set the Work Plane to our “Face of Frame” Reference Plane. Do this by using the “Set Work Plane” panel- and choose our Reference Plane from the drop-down list….

We can now just hit the “Sweep” button to enable us to start defining our Path and Profile. At this point I am going to refer you to this article if you are unfamiliar with the concept of Sweeps. When you’ve digested that, come back here and continue reading.

First of all I’ll sketch my path. I do this in an elevation view and the path only needs to be on 3 sides of the opening. Here is my sketched path…

With Path complete, I can now start sketching my Profile. The shape of the profile will be the cross-section through the door frame itself. I sketch the Profile in a Plan View. Here is my completed Profile….

And if I zoom out you can see the sketched profile in the context of the door opening…

If I go ahead and complete my Sweep, the door frame is formed….

NOTE: When you build your own door families you may well wish to create all sorts of parameters to control (say) the frame size itself. You can make your families as complex of as simple as needed. It just involves more Reference Planes and Parameters.

And finally (for this article) we will create our architraves. We can do this one of two ways- we can either create an extrusion in an elevation view OR we can use the Sweep tool again. Which method you choose is determined by the complexity of your architrave. For a simple rectangular profile, I would simply form an extrusion….

You can see the sketch for my extrusion in the image above. A few IMPORTANT NOTES: Remember to change the Work Plane to “Exterior” BEFORE you start sketching your extrusion. Also remember to LOCK your sketch lines to the Reference Lines that control the Opening. If you do not do this- your architrave will NOT adjust accordingly when you change the width or height of your opening. And finally, remember to put some absolute dimensions into your extrusion sketch in order to maintain the correct “width” of architrave, when the door width changes- see below…

It’s very easy to just create various Sweeps and Extrusions that initially behave correctly- but your job is to anticipate how the various forms (INCLUDING their respective sketches, profiles and paths) will behave when you start adjusting the parameters! My Golden Rule: Always TEST your geometry as you create it- CHANGE the parameter values and SEE if all your elements are still formed CORECTLY and are WHERE you EXPECT them to be. You’ll get better at this over time and with practice.

Here is my completed architrave….

I just need to create the same thing on the interior wall- remembering to set the Work Plane to “Interior” before sketching out my extrusion. Here is the plan view of my family so far…..

I think that’s enough for one article! Have a play around with Reference Planes. Get used to controlling them by the use of parameters. Also please note my comments about LOCKING your sketch lines-either by locking them to Reference planes OR by setting locked dimensions. MOST of problems that you will encounter when creating your own families are down to geometry definitions (ie sketch lines, etc) NOT being properly constrained.

In the next article we will press on and create the door leaf itself. We will also test out the parametric nature of our family by creating some Family Types

rasool.civil

مدیر بازنشسته
Conceptual Design Environment: A Basic Introduction

Conceptual Design Environment: A Basic Introduction

Welcome to this Revit Zone article on the Conceptual Design Environment. In this article we are going to take a quick overview of the CDE (I’ll call it that from no on!). We’ll discuss how you access the CDE, what you can do it in and when it may be appropriate to use it.

Please note that the CDE was introduced in Revit Architecture 2010. So if you are still using a version of Revit Architecture (or “Revit Building” as it was previously known) before the 2010 version, this article may not make much sense to you. As you go through this article, if you have any

What is this thing you call the Conceptual Design Environment?
OK, so what is the CDE? The Conceptual Design Environment is a distinct set of tools within Revit (complete with it’s own interface) that lets you explore (parametrically) various design ideas at a conceptual level. So this is even before you have any idea of what materials you are going to use. It is predominantly used to explore form and areas.

Revit has always been about exploring architectural ideas from scratch, but with the introduction of the CDE, that ability has taken a giant step forward. Prior to Revit Architecture 2010, Revit did contain a series of massing tools and a “Building Maker” which allowed you to turn the masses you created, into real building elements. But the Conceptual Design Environment takes the ability to create and manipulate complex 3D forms to the next level.

So how do I find the CDE?
Go ahead and start Revit Architecture 2010. You now need to select “New Conceptual Mass”

If you are using the default Revit installation, you will probably find that you only have one file to choose from; and that is “Metric Mass”

Go ahead and select that file and Open it. You are now officially in the Conceptual Design Environment……

Note: There is also a second family template that can be used to access ther CDE. This is the file “Curtain Panel Pattern Based.rft” The use of this template is covered in a separate article.

At first glance the interface looks very simple. And it is, at this level. You will notice that there are no menus for Walls, Doors, Rooms, etc, etc. This is all about creating and manipulating Mass forms. You may want to take a few minutes just having a browse through the top level menus. These are: Create, Insert, Modify, View and Manage, A lot of the tools on many of the tabs will already be familiar to you if you are used to Revit’s “standard” tool set. Most of the new (and distinct) tools only become available once you have a mass to manipulate.

So that’s what the CDE looks like. Just like the Family Editor, it’s a distinct part of Revit, separate from the menu and tools that you will be using for the majority of your time. At this stage don’t worry too much about finding your way around the various tools- we are going to cover that in other articles. Remember: This is just an overview of the CDE in order to familiarise yourself with what it is, where to find it and what you can use it for.

Note: You can also enter the CDE directly from the Revit Project Environment by accessing the “Massing & Site” menu and selecting “In-Place Mass”…..

The only difference between this and the other method of entering the CDE is that this way (ie from the Project Environment) you will not be presented with 3D reference planes or 3D levels)

So what I can I actually do with the CDE?
Now let’s take a very quick look at some of the things you can do within the Conceptual Design Environment.

Create solid forms

Creating solid mass forms is probably what you will spend most of you time doing when you are using the CDE. Of course the beauty of creating a loadable mass form is that you can save it somewhere safe and load it into multiple projects as applicable.

There are various tool available to you, to create your solid form. These are namely “Extrusions”, “Revolves”, “Sweeps” and “Lofts” In other articles we look in detail (ie step-by-step) at theses various methods of creating solid forms.

Create void forms
The method of creating void forms is virtually identical to that used for solid forms. You just need to choose the appropriate tool from the “Create Form” drop down menu…..

Void forms are used to cut away at solid forms, like so………

In the above image you can see the circular void form cutting into the rectangular solid. The same tools for creating solid forms are available to you to create void forms- namely “Extrusions”, “Revolves”, “Sweeps” and “Lofts”.

Load your mass forms into the Revit Project Environment
If you have created a “loadable mass form”, you are of course going to want to use it in the Revit Project Environment. It’s of no particular use if you keep it in the stand-alone Conceptual Design Environment! Just like the Family Editor, you simply use the “Load into Project” tool, to start using your new mass form in the Project Environment…..

Load mass elements and manipulate them
Likewise, at any time you can edit your mass form family with the CDE tools by selecting the mass and then choosing “Edit Family”

Rationalising surfaces
Now this is where it “really” starts to get fun! Revit’s Conceptual Design Environment has the power and ability to:-

A)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Automatically divide up your surfaces into a grid- even if your surface happens to be curved in 2 directions!

B)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT] Take this grid that it has just created and apply a “pattern” to it.

C)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]And then (wait for it!) load a custom “curtain panel by pattern” component into each of the pattern faces…….

The above surface was produced by applying the custom “curtain panel by pattern” family seen below....

So that’s our whistle stop tour of Revit’s Conceptual Design Environment! As you can imagine, there is a LOT more to it than this. But hopefully this article has whetted your appetite and encouraged you to start playing with some of the tools. In other articles we will look at each of the areas above in detail and work through some step-by-step examples of their use

rasool.civil

مدیر بازنشسته
Forms: Creating a Revolve form

Forms: Creating a Revolve form

In this article we are going to take a look at how to create a solid Revolve form, from within the Conceptual Design Environment. If you are totally new to the Conceptual Design Environment (or CDE) within Revit, I suggest that you may wish to

By far the simplest way of explaining this is to just show you step-by-step how to do it. So here goes! We start off by creating a “New Conceptual Mass” family. This in turn starts the “Conceptual Design Environment” in which we are going to form our Revolve.

Two things are required to create a Revolve. A straight line (which acts as the axis for the revolved form) and a closed profile (which is the element that is revolved around the axis to create the form.

Please Note: Both the axis and the profile need to be on the same work plane. If you create them on different work planes, Revit will create a different form for you (ie NOT a Revolve)

So here’s our axis………….

And here’s our closed loop. I’ve just drawn something at random for the purposes of this exercise…..

In order to create my Revolve, all I need to do is select both (the axis and the closed loop) and then hit “Create Form”….

And our Revolve is created before our eyes………

If I only want a “partial” Revolve, I can select the Revolve itself (you may have to TAB through different selections until you find the complete Revolve form) and then adjust the Start and Einish angles in it’s Properties panel….

In the above image I have adjusted the End Angle to 270 degrees. This results in a Revolve which looks like this………

rasool.civil

مدیر بازنشسته
Forms: Creating a Surface

Forms: Creating a Surface

n this article we are going to take a look at how to create a Surface form, from within the Conceptual Design Environment. If you are totally new to the Conceptual Design Environment (or CDE) within Revit, I suggest that you may wish to

In other articles we have looked at how to create solid 3D forms such as Lofts, Sweeps and Revolves. But we can also use the “Create Form > Solid Form” tool to create a solid planar surface.

Compared with the other solid forms we have looked at, this one is by far the easiest to create- which means this article is going to be pretty short!.

Let’s start with a new “Conceptual Mass” family template…..

To start with, I am going to create just a single plane- really, just to show you how easy it is. But you can just as easily create far more complex and convoluted surfaces.

First, I simply draw a line. I’m going to use an Arc, just to make my Surface a little more interesting. Here is my arc….

Now with my arc selected, I simply hit the “Create Form” button….

And my Surface form is created like so……….

And there you have it! As I said before, you can of course create more complex surfaces by using multi-segment lines. Here is an example…..

rasool.civil

مدیر بازنشسته
Forms: Creating a Sweep

Forms: Creating a Sweep

A Sweep is a 3D form that is created when you “sweep” a 2D profile along a 3D path. Along with “Extrusion” it is one of the most useful ways of creating 3D geometry within Revit. You’ll find yourself using it time and again.

Before we get started with an example, a little bit of theory first. Your 2D profile can be either open or closed. HOWEVER: If the profile is open, then your path MUST be a single line (either straight or curved). If you wish to sweep along a multi-segment line, then your 2D profile MUST be a closed loop. In both cases your Profile needs to drawn on a plane that is perpendicular to your path.

OK. Enough with the theory, let’s get on and produce a Sweep. I’ll start with a fresh “Conceptual Mass” family template…

You will probably find it easier to draw your path first. In the image below you will see that I have just used the line tools to sketch out a funky, curvy path…..

Now as we said above, we need to draw our profile on a plane that is “Perpendicular” to our path. The easiest way to do this is to place a “Point Element” onto the path. This will automatically generate a plane at right angles to the line the point is placed on. You will find the “Point Element” tool located on the “Draw”menu…

In the image below you will see that I have placed a “Point element” onto the path and then selected it. Upon selection the temporary plane is revealed….

Before I can sketch the profile I need to set the current Work plane to the one produced by the Point element. I simply do this with the “Set Work plane” tool…

And then clicking on the Point Element. I can now sketch out my 2D profile. Remember: As my path is “multi-segment”, my profile MUST be a closed loop. So here is my completed profile…

You can see in the above image that the work plane is highlighted while we are still in drawing mode. To produce our 3D Sweep all I need to do is select BOTH the path and the profile

And then hit the “Create Form” button……

And my Sweep is then created….

rasool.civil

مدیر بازنشسته
Forms: Creating an Extrusion

Forms: Creating an Extrusion

In this article we are going to learn how to use the solid form tools in the Conceptual Design Environment, to create a solid extrusion.

If you are totally new to the Conceptual Design Environment you may want to read this article before proceeding any further. The format of this article is a step-by-step exercise, that you can follow along with. The actual form that we are creating is relatively unimportant, it is the “process” (or “Work Flow”) that I want you to understand. Once you are comfortable with the process, you can use it create more ambitious forms. And PLEASE remember: If at any point you get stuck or you have a query, just use our Forums. Help is at hand to resolve any issues you may have with this exercise.

Right let’s start Revit and choose “New Conceptual Mass”, under the “Families” section of the Launch screen. Choose “Metric Mass” as your family template (you may have a different family template, depending on the localisation settings of your Revit installation). Once you choose to open this family template, the Conceptual Design Environment will launch…..

You will immediately notice the 3D Level and 3D reference planes in the main 3D view. (that’s a lot of 3D for one sentence!)

Let’s get straight down to business. We’re going to create a basic solid form by extrusion. Creating a form (be it solid or a void) is a two stage process. First you define the shape by use of lines, arcs, etc. Then you tell Revit to go ahead and create the form by selecting an option from the “Create Form” drop-down menu. So go ahead an use any of the line tools in the “Draw” palette……

….and define a profile for you extrusion. You can draw directly in the 3D view. (you can of course draw your profile in a plan view if you wish). You “must” ensure that your profile is a closed loop- ie, that it has no breaks in it.

So here is the profile that I’ve sketched out. You can reate parameters that will control all aspects of your extrusion, including the profile- but that’s for another article. For the purposes of this exercise, we’ll stick with a simple fixed profile. So all we have to do now is extrude it! Go ahead and click on the profile to select it…..

Now click on the “Create Form” drop down menu and select “Form”….

As soon as you select “Form” your solid extrusion is created…….

If you hover your cursor over the various faces of your form, you will notice how each face’s boundary highlights. You can click on any of the highlighted faces to select it- upon which you will be see the “X,Y,Z Drag Arrows”, which allow you to manipulate your form.

In fact you can select not only faces but edges and vertices too! Go ahead and click on an edge or vertice and drag it about with the “X,Y,Z arrows”….

Using these tools, you can modify your form in many ways. In separate articles we will look at the various methods of form manipulation.

rasool.civil

مدیر بازنشسته
Forms: Creating a Loft form

Forms: Creating a Loft form

A Loft form is basically two or more profiles that have been blended together. The easiest way to explain this is by a quick example. I’m going to start with a “New Conceptual Mass”- and I’m going to use the “Metric Mass” template.

As I said above, in order to create a Loft you need two or more Profiles. And the Profiles need to be on different work planes. The Metric Mass family template has a single work plane in it by default……

So I need to add another work plane. I can do this by simply adding a Level. I switch to an Elevation view (any will do) and add a new Level……

So now I can switch back to my 3D view and start sketching my profiles. In the image below you will see that I have sketched out a fairly random profile, on the lower work plane……

Now I can switch to the upper work plane and sketch a different profile on there. NOTE: You can switch work planes just by selecting them. Make sure the “Show Work plane” button is switched on if you’d like the current work plane to be shown, as you work….

Now you can either sketch your second profile in a plan view (choose “Level 2” plan view) or you can sketch directly in a 3D view. Shown below are my two completed profiles that I am going to use for my Loft…..

Now comes the fun part- creating the Loft! And this is as easy as it gets. Just select BOTH profiles and then hit “Create Form”…..

And your Loft form is instantly created…..

Now I have just used two profiles here but you can use as many profiles as you like. Here is a Loft form created using five profiles…..

Please Note: All Profiles MUST be closed loops.

rasool.civil

مدیر بازنشسته
Dimensions: An introduction

Dimensions: An introduction

Welcome to this Revit Zone article on Dimension types. In this article we are going to take a look at all the various types of dimensions that are available to you within Revit. For each dimension type, we will describe it’s type and take a look at an example of it in use.
In a separate article we will take a look at how you can customise the look of your dimensions (overriding the automatic values, for example). Please also note that this article focuses on permanent dimensions- as opposed to temporary dimensions, which will be discussed in a separate article.
The dimension tools available to you can be found on the “Annotate” menu, in the “Dimension” tab…..
Aligned dimensions
The first dimension type that we are going to look at are Aligned Dimensions. The key thing to note about Aligned Dimensions are that they can be placed between 2 or more parallel references or 2 or more points- wall ends for example. The dimensions in the image below are all Aligned Dimensions….
One important thing to note here is that when you select “Aligned” to start dimensioning, the Options bar presents you with some important choices that will aid you in creating your dimensions….
You will see above that you have a choice as to what Revit snaps to when dimensioning. The “Place Dimension” drop down box contains Wall centrelines, Wall faces, Centre of core and Faces of core. The second choice you have when placing your dimensions are “Pick”….
At this point it is worth taking a moment to look at the differences between these two options because this is something that you will use time and again.
If we leave “Pick” set at “Individual References”, you have the choice where to dimension to, along a wall length- ie from the end of the wall to the start of the first window opening….
However, if you change “Pick” to “Entire Walls”, you can now just pick anywhere on the wall and the entire wall is automatically dimensioned….
Note that all the dimensions were added in one go, following a single click on the wall. To tell Revit exactly what elements of the wall you wish to be dimensioned, click on “Options” on the Options Bar (this is only available if you have “Pick” set to “Entire Walls”….
You will see that you can dimension (automatically) to openings, intersecting wall and intersecting grid lines. Used appropriately, this feature can save you a vast amount of time. Imagine a long elevation with 14 windows and 3 doors- and being able to dimension all of it with a single click! Ok, that’s enough of Aligned Dimensions, let’s move on.
Linear dimensions
Next on our list are “Linear Dimensions”. We use Linear Dimensions, when we want the absolute distance (measured vertically or horizontally) between two offset points. This is better explained with a diagram….
Angular dimensions
As you may expect, Angular Dimensions are used to measure the angle between two reference points that share a common intersection. Quite simply click on the first reference element (be it a line, wall, etc) and then on the second one….
Radial dimensions
Radial dimensions are used for measuring the distance from an arc to it’s centre point. In the case of Walls, you can measure either to the wall centreline or the wall face. Pressing the “tab” key when defining your dimension will toggle between wall face and wall centreline….

rasool.civil

مدیر بازنشسته
Arc Length dimensions
Radial dimensions are used for measuring the distance along an arc segment. This could be a line or wall. Again the “Tab” key will toggle between centrelines and faces, in the case of walls.
Baseline and Ordinate dimensions
Two other linear dimension types that are available to you (but not obviously evident) are “Baseline” and Ordinate” dimensions. These are basically two different types of “Running Dimensions”. In order top use these, you will need to first create the dimension types. This is really easy to do- just pick the default Linear (or Aligned) dimension family and duplicate it (renaming it of course). Once you have a copy of the family, you can go into it’s properties and “Edit Type”…..
You will notice that the first parameter in the list is “Dimension String Type”. This is the parameter we are interested in. If you activate the drop-down menu for this parameter- you will see that you have a choice of “Continuous”, “Baseline” or “Ordinate”. Go ahead and change the parameter to “Baseline”. This results in a dimension like this….
And if then produce a second dimension family with the “Dimension String Type” set to “Ordinate”, this is what you get….
On the face of it this looks just like a standard aligned / linear dimension. But if you look closely you will see that each dimension value is measured back to the base point of 0.
Spot Dimensions.
There are 3 types of Sot Dimensions: Spot Elevations, Spot Coordinates and Spot Slopes…
Spot Elevation dimensions
Spot Elevations are used in elevation, section, plan and 3D views to display the absolute (or relative) heights of reference points. They can also display the upper and lower height values of an element with thickness (eg a floor), in plan views.
Here is a Spot Elevation in a section view, telling us the height at the top of the wall……
And here is a Spot Elevation in a plan view. This time it is displaying the bottom and top heights of a floor plate element…..
Spot Coordinates dimensions
Spot Coodinates display the North / South and East / West coordinates of the reference point it is placed at. It can also display the elevation at that height too….
Spot Slope dimensions
And finally…….. Spot Slope Dimensions! As you might well expect, these are used for displaying the angle of slope on various surfaces and elements. They can be placed in section, elevation and plan views. Here is one being used on a roof slope in a section view…..
You have a choice of an arrow or a triangle for the symbol- we have obviously chosen the triangle symbol in the above example.
And that concludes our introductory look at Dimensions in Revit. In other articles we will go onto to look at how we can manipulate and customise the look and operation of these various dimension types

morteza baighloo

عضو جدید
نحوه نمایش

نحوه نمایش

حالا مشکل من چیزه دیگست....!!!!!!
من نمیتونم فیلم ها رو ببینم...هر چی نرم افزار که بود نصب کردم....AVI...!!!
نمیدونم چیکار کنم......کمک.......:(
این نرم افزار ها رو نصب کردم:
quicktime.jetaudio.realplaye.

متیلی

عضو جدید
من بی حرف پیش:biggrin: یکشنبه این فیلم ها رو اپلود می کنم
نگید فقط باز قول داد
این دفعه تمام سعیمو می کنم;)

Persia1

مدیر تالار زبان انگلیسی
مدیر تالار
سلام دوستان لطفا بهتریت کتاب آموزش revit رو معرفی کنید
تشکر:gol:

سلام

نمیدونم این بهترینه یا نه!!!

اما برای دانلود میزارمش

دانلود کتاب آموزش Revit Architecture 2011 – رویت معماری 2011

آقای مهندس قاسم آریانی

توضیحات : پیشنهاد: در صورتی که به نرم افزارRevit Architecture علاقمند هستید برای اطلاع از سایر محصولات مرتبط با نرم افزار رویت به صفحه http://www.mah3d.com/list/revit-architecture.aspx مراجعه نمایید.

کتاب آموزش نرم افزار Revit Architecture 2011 که آقای مهندس قاسم آریانی آن را تهیه نموده اند ، نرم افزار رویت را به صورت کامل و مرحله به مرحله آموزش می دهد. این کتاب در 6 فصل و به صورت 6 ایبوک مجزا و مجموعا در 762 صفحه تهیه و تالیف گردیده است. با توجه سهولت ترسیم در این نرم افزار نسبت به سایر نرم افزار های مهندسی ، یادگیری آن برای تمام مهندسان معمار پیشنهاد می گردد.
با تشکر از آقای قاسم آریانی که این کتاب را در اختیار سایت MAH3D قرار داده اند.

معرفی اجمالی نرم افزار Revit
در Autodesk Revit Architecture روند انجام پروژه براساس مدل اطلاعاتی ساختمان BIM (Building Information Model) است و شما ضمن تکامل و مدیریت این مدل ، مراتب را به منظور استخراج و ارائه مستندات مورد نیاز پروژه فراهم می آورد. در زیر به معرفی مختصر برخی از این امکانات و توانمندی های این نرم افزار پرداخته ایم.
روند طراحی : برای طراحی در این برنامه ، شما ابتدا حجم کلی ساختمان را می سازید و سپس به آسانی با جانمایی و بهینه سازی اجزا و عناصر ساختمان ( دیوار ها ، ستون ها ، درب ها ، پنجره ها و ... ) و همچنین ترکیب معمارانه آنها طرح مورد نظر خود را خلق می کنید.
ترسیمات : کار ترسیم شما بسیار راحت است چرا که با انتخاب تراز هر طبقه ، نقشه ای دو بعدی از عناصر موجود بر مبنای مقیاسی که تعریف کرده اید در اختیارتان قرار می گیرد و شما ضمن ویرایش اجسام با اضافه کردن توضیحاتی مانند نام فضا ها و یادداشت ها و سایر ضروریات نقشه آنرا برای چاپ آماده می سازید ، برای تهیه یک نما و یا برش از پیچیده ترین قسمت های ساختمان کافیست خط برش یا نشانگر نما را در آن قسمت مستقر کنید . با این توانایی ها تهیه نقشه های دو بعدی پلان های کاربردی فضا ها ، پلان مبلمان ، پلان های اندازه گذاری ، پلان های سقف کاذب و ... به سادگی امکانپذیر است.
جزییات : کافیست شما موقعیت و مقیاس مورد نظر دیتایل را انتخاب کنید و مولفه های آنرا از همخانواده های موجود در نرم افزار برای تکمیل دیتایل بار گزاری کنید.
جداول مقادیر و برآورد ها : برای تهیه جداول فهرستی از تمام جداول مورد نیاز پروژه در پیش فرض نرم افزار وجود دارد و لازم است شما با انتخاب عنوان جدول و مشخصات مورد نیاز تدوین مقادیر و محاسبات آنرا به این برنامه واگذار نمایید.
مستند سازی : برای انضباط در آلبوم نقشه ها می توانید استاندارد شرکت خود را برای چیدمان شیت ها و ضخامت خطوط و مقیاس های نقشه ها لحاظ کنید و آنرا برای تمام پروژه ها توسعه دهید.
اصلاحات : با اصلاح هر قسمت از مدل پروژه سایر قسمت های مرتبط به آن هم تغییر می کند و این تغییرات سریعا در تمام نقشه ها و جداول پروژه اعمال می شود.
تبادلات : ارسال و وارد کردن فایل های اکثر نرم افزارهای کاربردی مهندسی معماری به این برنامه از قابلیت های منحصر به فرد این محصول شرکت Autodesk است.
تحلیل انرژی : در این نرم افزار می توانید مدل ساختمان خود را از نظر دریافت و ذخیره انرژی برای رسیدن به شرایط ایده آل مورد تجزیه و تحلیل و اصلاحات قرار دهید.
تصاویر سه بعدی : برای تهیه تصاویر سه بعدی داخلی و خارجی لازم است شما ابتدا دوربین را در موقعیتی جاگذاری کنید و با تعیین و تنظیم نور های طبیعی و مصنوعی رندر مورد نظر خود را ایجاد کنید. از آنجا که این برنامه مختص پروژه های معماری است بر خلاف سایر نرم افزار ها دارای تنظیمات پیچیده برای رندرینگ نیست و کیفیت رندر حاصل آن بسیار بالا و بسیار شبیه به واقعیت صورت می پذیرد.
گردش مجازی : شاید باور کردنی نباشد ، برای تهیه یک انیمیشن فقط مسیری برای گردش در طرح ترسیم می کنید و با بهینه سازی دوربین و سرعت حرکت آن یک انیمیشن حرفه ای از پروژه خود تهیه می نمایید.
این نرم افزار دارای توانمندی های بسیاری در زمینه طراحی و ترسیم ، کاربرد تکنولوژی ها و متریال های نوین در ارائه پروژه های معماری می باشد و در حال حاضر Architecture Revit به عنوان حرفه ای ترین و قدرتمند ترین نرم افزار در شرکت های معتبر طراحی معماری دنیا مورد استفاده قرار می گیرد. از آنجایی که ساختار این نرم افزار بر اساس روند طراحی پروژه های معماری است ، یادگیری آن بسیار ساده می باشد.
برای دانلود کتاب آموزش رویت معماری 2011 بر روی دانلود محصول کلیک نمایید.
پسوورد فایل زیپ: www.mah3d.com

حجم : 41MB دانلود محصول :

منبع
http://www.mah3d.com/view-116-دانلود-کتاب-آموزش-Revit-Architecture-2011-–-رویت-معماری-2011.aspx